You are here
Assure effective governance structures and processes through education, recruitment, oversight and evaluation of the Board of Regents, Committees and Councils.
- Recruiting and nominating the ACP President-elect, Chair-elect of the Board of Regents, Chair-elect of the Board of Governors, the Treasurer and new Regent members of the Board of Regents.
- Assuring effective culture and practices of the Board of Regents and its individual members through education and evaluation.
- Assessing and addressing the organization's governance needs.
- Overseeing appointments to committees and councils established by the Board of Regents.
- Assessing, managing and communicating Conflict of Interest disclosures.
- Implementing changes to the ACP Bylaws as requested and for approval by the Board of Regents and assuring College-wide compliance.
Immediate Past Chair BOR, who is Chair; Chair, BOR, who is Vice Chair; Chair-elect, BOR; Immediate Past President; 2 Regents; 3 Governors (in years 2-4 of their terms); Chair-elect, BOG, Immediate Past President.
Length of time to coincide with position held. Members-at-large serve one-year terms renewable up to three times for a total of four years, unless extended by the Chair, Board of Regents.
Tanveer P. Mir, MD, MACP, Chair
Medical Director, Palliative Care
Specialties: IM, GER, Hospice & Palliative Care
Thomas G. Tape, MD, FACP (Chair, Board of Regents)
General Internal Medicine
Nebraska Medical Center
Matt Bien, MD, FACP, FAAP
(Governor) South Dakota
Internal Medicine Pediatrics
Avera Medical Group
University of South Dakota
Specialties: IM, PED
Michael S. Bronze, MD, MACP, FIDSA
David Ross Boyd Professor of Medicine
Stewart Wolf Endowed Chair, Chairman of Med
OU Health Science Center
Oklahoma City, OK
Specialties: IM, ID
Thomas G. Cooney, MD, MACP (Chair-elect, Board of Governors)
Professor of Medicine
Vice Chair for Education
Oregon Health & Science University
Portland VA Medical Center
Jacqueline W. Fincher, MD, MACP (Regent)
Partner, Center for Primary Care
McDuffie Medical Associates
Heather E. Gantzer, MD, FACP (Regent)
Internist, General Internal Medicine
Park Nicollet Clinic
St. Louis Park, MN
Susan Thompson Hingle, MD, FACP (Chair-elect, Board of Regents)
Professor of Medicine
SIU School of Medicine
Christina M. Reimer, MD, FACP
Primary Care Physician
Poudre Valley Internists
University of Colorado Health
Fort Collins, CO
Wayne J. Riley, MD, MPH, MBA, MACP
Clinical Professor of Internal Medicine
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
Adjunct Professor of Healthcare Management
Nitin S. Damle, MD, MS, FACP (President)
South County Internal Medicine, Inc.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Aplert Medical School
Staff Liaison: Joanne Ey email@example.com