You are here
Council of Early Career Physicians
- Read a welcome message from the CECP Chair, Micah Beachy.
- Check out a useful Resource Guide for creating and maintaining a Chapter council of Early Career Physicians.
- Visit Council forum (current members only)
Council of Early Career Physicians Call for Nominations
The council has multiple seats open for this election cycle. Nominations materials must be submitted no later than November 1, 2017.
Respond to requests from the Board of Regents, committees and staff for review of programs, products and services. Advise the Board of Regents on:
- Enhancing professional development for early career physicians
- Fostering their involvement in College activities
- Increasing the value of ACP membership for early career physicians
- Strengthening chapter level councils and activities
- Aligning council activities with the College's Strategic Plan.
Chair, who serves ex-officio on the BOR; Chair-Elect, who must be a member of the Council at time of election and who serves ex-officio on the BOG; 9 at-large members to be selected with consideration given to the College's Diversity Policy as well as specialty and years out of training. All members must be early career physicians at the time of selection to the Council (defined as within 16 years of graduation from medical school).
Chair and Chair-Elect serve one-year terms; member terms are three-years.
2017-18 Council Members
Micah Beachy, DO, FACP, Chair
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Danny Allen Newman, MD, FACP, Chair-Elect
Mary Elizabeth Anderson, MD, FACP
Colorado Springs, CO
MAJ Joshua D. Hartzell, MC (USA), FACP
Lacy Hobgood, MD, FAAP, FACP
Ryan R. Kraemer, MD, FACP
Tiffany I. Leung, MD, MPH, FACP
Lianne Marks, MD, PhD, FACP
Sima Pendharkar, MD, MPH, FACP
Samuel Calvin Thigpen, MD, FACP
Richard M. Wardrop III, MD, PhD, FAAP, FACP
Chapel Hill, NC
Staff Liaison: Amy Allen-Collins email@example.com