You are here
ACP's Special Interest Groups
You know the power of collaboration. Exclusive and free to ACP members, the Special Interest Groups are member-driven — you set the agenda and fuel the dialogue in these private, secure online forums. Share experiences and questions, inform with creative solutions and ideas, and gather with like-minded ACP members. Join the conversation today!
Register or Login
*Please note that you will be required to agree to the Terms of Service. Upon registration, you will be able to join specific the Special Interest Groups listed below.
Share. Inform. Gather.
Connect with your ACP colleagues from around the world by joining one or more of the following groups:
- ACOs/New Practice Models: Chat about ACOs and other practice delivery and payment activities.
- African American Members: A group for members to discuss ideas, share solutions, and focus on topics that relate to African Americans in the health profession and the health of African Americans.
- Avoiding Physician Burnout: A group for members to discuss issues related to burnout and to share experiences for promoting job satisfaction.
- Caring for Adults with Developmental Disability: A group for members to discuss the care of patients with Intellectual Disability, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down syndrome and many others, and to learn from others' experiences.
- Clinical Problem-Solving: A group for members to discuss challenging cases, query each other about optimal approaches, and otherwise engage in discussions about clinical challenges. Please note that this is an unmoderated forum strictly for members to discuss cases/issues amongst themselves.
- Clinical Research: A group for members to exchange thoughts and experiences related to all aspects of clinical research.
- Emerging Technologies: Confer on professional technology needs and resources; and learn about the benefits of new communication tools and methods.
- Genetics and Genomic Medicine: A forum for raising genetics questions faced in daily practice related to guidelines, patient inquiries, and the field of Genomics. It is also a resource for information about genetic conditions, testing, and counseling.
- Geriatrics and Palliative Care: Focus on issues of aging - growing old, maintaining function and independence, managing complex illnesses, and transitioning to palliative care/hospice - and on new payment models and models of care.
- High Value Care: A group for members interested in utilizing resources, sharing ideas about their implementation, providing suggestions for improvements, and otherwise engaging in dialog about the increasingly important topic of delivering high-value care.
- Hospital Medicine: Discuss work schedule, practice type, inpatient or observation status; share tips for getting the most out of committee work.
- LGBT Health: A group for members to discuss topics related to treating, managing, and otherwise caring for patients within the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities.
- Maintenance of Certification: A group for members to share information about experiences with, and best strategies to succeed in the MOC process.
- MKSAP: A group for members to discuss MKSAP and Board Basics and ways to get the most out of them for updating clinical knowledge, preparing for exams, and earning CME and MOC.
- Obesity Medicine: A group for members to discuss issues related to treating, managing, and caring for patients with obesity. Topics may include the genetic, biologic, environmental, social, and behavioral factors that contribute to obesity and therapeutic interventions including diet, physical activity, behavioral change, and pharmacotherapy.
- Perioperative Medicine: A group for members interested in all aspects of perioperative medicine to discuss interesting or challenging patient management cases with colleagues, stay abreast of the literature in this area, and comment on new publications or controversial issues.
- Physician Educators: Share experiences, methods, ideas, and questions related to medical education.
- Point-of-Care Ultrasound: A group for members to exchange ideas on focused ultrasound education and training, as well as learn about established and developing bedside ultrasound applications.
- Re-entry Physicians: A group for members who are transitioning back to work after a period of time away from clinical duties for personal or professional reasons.
- Sex- and Gender-Specific Medicine: A group for members interested in sex- and gender-specific prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment to improve health outcomes for both women and men.
- Small Practices: Share ideas and insights about daily concerns, such as coding questions, operations, and personnel management, as well as issues like ICD10.
- Volunteerism: A group for members to discuss issues related to domestic and international volunteerism and to share thoughts and experiences.
- Women in Medicine: A group for women physicians to share ideas and challenges related to their professional and personal lives, while providing support and guidance to one another.
- Work/Life Balance: Reflect on lifestyle trends that affect you and your family, covering such topics as child care and continuing education requirements.
- Working Abroad: A group for physicians practicing medicine outside the US. Discussions may focus on societal and/or cultural differences in training, patient care, healthcare systems, or research and education, among countries around the world.
Questions? Interested in a topic not listed? Contact us.