You are here
2016 PA-ACP Regional Abstract & Doctor’s Dilemma Competitions
2016 PA-ACP Regional Abstract & Doctor’s DilemmaSM Competitions
Abstract Submission Opens July 5th!
Deadline: 11:59pm, Sunday, August 7, 2016
Regional Abstract Competition Rules:
- Residents/Fellows and Medical Students must be ACP members and compete in their specified region only (Southeastern, Eastern, or Western PA). (Not a member? Download and complete an online application. Don’t know your ACP number? Simply go to the ACP Web site and hover over the MyACP link at the top of the page.)
- All abstract first authors, presenters, and Doctor’s DilemmaSM participants must be ACP members.
- All abstract submissions must be entered through the online abstract submission form, which will be available after July 5, 2016.
- Abstracts will be accepted in the following three categories:
- Clinical Vignette – Reports of one or more cases that illustrate a rare disease entity or an unusual clinical presentation of an established disease. (Word limit: 250)
- Research – Clinical and/or laboratory research delineating a new investigation into mechanisms of disease or consisting of a detailed review of a clinical problem. (Word limit: 450)
- Quality Improvement/Patient Safety (Word limit: 450)
- Only THREE (3) abstracts can be submitted per first author.
- You may not submit more than TWO (2) abstracts in any category.
Helpful Hint: For information on how to write an abstract, visit the ACP Guide to Preparing for the Abstract Competition.
When: Saturday, October 1, 2016
Where: Geisinger Medical Center
100 North Academy Avenue
Danville, PA 17815
When: Saturday, October 15, 2016
Where: Drexel University College of Medicine, Queen Lane Campus
2900 West Queen Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19129
When: Saturday, November 5, 2016
Where: UPMC McKeesport
1500 Fifth Avenue
McKeesport, PA 15132
Questions? Contact Sharon Fahrer, PA-ACP Meeting Manager, at email@example.com or 888-817-3813.