You are here
2016 Chapter Awards
The Pennsylvania Chapter will be presenting the following awards to deserving members at the annual awards dinner held in Hershey in December:
The Laureate Award
The Laureate Award is the highest honor offered by the ACP and is presented to Fellows and Masters of the College who demonstrate by their example and conduct an abiding commitment to excellence in medical care, education, research, service to their community, their chapter and the ACP. Awarded to:
- Francis Salerno, MD, FACP (Eastern Region)
- Ibrahim Ghobrial, MD, FACP, MRCP (Western Region)
- Christine Laine, MD, MPH, FACP (Southeastern Region)
Clinical Practice Award
The Clinical Practice Award honors Fellows and Masters of the American College of Physicians who demonstrate by their example and conduct an abiding commitment to excellence in medical care, education, research and service to their community, their chapter, and the American College of Physicians. Award winners:
- Rashid Mahkdomi, MD, FACP (Eastern Region)
- Frederick DeRubertis, Jr. MD, FACP (Western Region)
- Andrew Ulichney, MD (Southeastern Region)
The Pressman Award for Distinguished Service to Internal Medicine is given annually by the ACP Pennsylvania Chapter to a Pennsylvania internist who best demonstrates commitment to his patients and his community as a practicing physician, as a leader within organized medicine, as an advocate for his/her patients and profession, and for extraordinary dedication to the specialty of internal medicine. This award was first given in 1994 to Robert S. Pressman, MD of Philadelphia, for his distinguished service.
- Charles Cutler, MD, MACP (Southeastern Region)
The Herbert S. Waxman Award for Outstanding Medical Student Educator recognizes an ACP member who is an internal medicine interest group leader, clinical clerkship director, program director, or faculty member who spends a significant amount of time teaching medical students.
- Narendra Desai, MD (Southeastern Region)
- John King, MD (Eastern Region)
- Allison Ferris, MD, FACP (Southeastern Region)
John Derrickson Early Career Physician Service Excellence
This new award, named after former Chapter Executive Director John Derrickson, is given to outstanding Early Career Physicians in internal medicine.
- Susan Baroody, DO (Eastern Region)
- Emily Stewart, MD, FACP (Southeastern Region)
Interested in Membership and Advancing to Fellowship
Review our Membership and Advancement to Fellowship Requirements
Help Strengthen the Voice of Internal Medicine and Recruit-A-Colleague!
We also encourage you to visit ACP's Multimedia page for the latest videos and more.