You are here
2015 Chapter Awards
The Pennsylvania Chapter presented the following awards to deserving members at the annual awards dinner held in Hershey:
The Laureate Award
The Laureate Award is the highest honor offered by the ACP and is presented to Fellows and Masters of the College who demonstrate by their example and conduct an abiding commitment to excellence in medical care, education, research, service to their community, their chapter and the ACP. Awarded to:
- Eastern Region: Patrick C. Alguire, MD, FACP of Doylestown, serves as the Senior Vice President of Medical Education at the American College of Physicians.
- Western Region: Gary H. Tabas, MD, FACP, of Pittsburgh, serves as the Director of Ambulatory Education at UPMC Shadyside and also a Professor of Medicine at UPMC.
- Southeastern Region: Geno J. Merli, MD, MACP, of Haddonfield, NJ, is the Co-Director of the Jefferson Vascular Center and also a Professor of Medicine at Jefferson University.
Clinical Practice Award
The Clinical Practice Award honors Fellows and Masters of the American College of Physicians who demonstrate by their example and conduct an abiding commitment to excellence in medical care, education, research and service to their community, their chapter, and the American College of Physicians. Award winners:
- Eastern Region: Ion D. Bucaloiu, MD, FACP of Danville, serves as a Nephrology Associate at Geisinger Medical Center.
- Western Region: Anthony J. Maniglia, MD, FACP of Altoona, serves as an Internist at Blair Medical Associates in Altoona, PA.
- Southeastern Region: Catherine F. Clarke, MD, FACP serves as an internist at Clarke and Gardner PC in Wynnewood, PA.
The Pressman Award for Distinguished Service to Internal Medicine is given annually by the ACP Pennsylvania Chapter to a Pennsylvania internist who best demonstrates commitment to his patients and his community as a practicing physician, as a leader within organized medicine, as an advocate for his/her patients and profession, and for extraordinary dedication to the specialty of internal medicine. This award was first given in 1994 to Robert S. Pressman, MD of Philadelphia, for his distinguished service.
- Arnold R. Eiser, MD, MACP, of Bryn Mawr is Professor of Medicine at Drexel University College of Medicine. He is also Chair, of Health and Public Policy Committee of the PA-ACP. Dr. Eiser has enjoyed a long career and has been awarded various honors and recognitions during his career.
The Herbert S. Waxman Award for Outstanding Medical Student Educator recognizes an ACP member who is an internal medicine interest group leader, clinical clerkship director, program director, or faculty member who spends a significant amount of time teaching medical students.
- Edward J. Filippone, MD, FACP of Philadelphia, currently serves as a Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at Thomas Jefferson Univ. In 1999, he won the Blockley-Olser Teaching Award for Excellence in Clinical Medicine. Since 1985, he has won nine Attending Teaching Awards at Jefferson Medical College and Methodist Hospital.
The Southeastern Region of the PA-ACP Chapter honors select members with a Special Recognition Award.
- Jonathan I. Gotfried, MD, of Bala Cynwyd serves as the Physician Advisor of the GI Bleed Clinical Efficiency Committee at Temple University Hospital.