You are here
2014 Chapter Awards
2014 Chapter Awards
The Pennsylvania Chapter presented the following awards to deserving members at the annual awards dinner held in Hershey:
The Laureate Award is the highest honor offered by the ACP and is presented to Fellows and Masters of the College who demonstrate by their example and conduct an abiding commitment to excellence in medical care, education, research, service to their community, their chapter and the ACP. Awarded to:
- Eastern Region: Linda Thomas-Hemak, MD, FACP, of Scranton, serves as the President and CEO of Wright Center for Graduate Medical Education in Scranton, PA and is a committed advocate to the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
- Western Region: James J. Reilly, MD, FACP, of Mt. Lebanon, became an attending physician at Allegheny General Hospital in 1983, and has served as Vice Chairman of Medicine and General Medicine Division Chief since 2010.
- Southeastern Region: Darilyn Moyer, MD, FACP, of Lafayette Hill, is Chair-elect of the Board of Governors of the ACP and served as Governor of the PA Southeast Chapter of the ACP. She is Professor of Medicine at Temple University School of Medicine, Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program, Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education, and Vice Chair for Education in the Department of Medicine.
The Clinical Practice Award honors Fellows and Masters of the American College of Physicians who demonstrate by their example and conduct an abiding commitment to excellence in medical care, education, research and service to their community, their chapter, and the American College of Physicians. Award winners:
- Eastern Region: Yehia John Mishriki, MD, FACP, of Emmaus, has served as Chief of Ambulatory Care at Lehigh Valley Health Network for the past 10 years and has published 75 articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Western Region: Jennifer McComb, MD, MPH, FACP, of Ross Township, has been at UPMC-Shadyside for the last 4 years and serves as co-chair Hospital's Ethics Committee. She has chaired the chapter's regional Medical Jeopardy competition for the past four years.
- Southeastern Region: Bryan Hollinger, MD, of Elizabethtown, serves as Medical Director of the Esperanza Health Center in Philadelphia, PA, where he has provided care and mentoring for the past 20 years.
The Pressman Award for Distinguished Service to Internal Medicine is given annually by the ACP Pennsylvania Chapter to a Pennsylvania internist who best demonstrates commitment to his patients and his community as a practicing physician, as a leader within organized medicine, as an advocate for his/her patients and profession, and for extraordinary dedication to the specialty of internal medicine. This award was first given in 1994 to Robert S. Pressman, MD of Philadelphia, for his distinguished service. Award winners:
- Robert K. Cato, MD, of Merion Station, is Chief of the Division of General Medicine at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and Medical Director, Penn Center for Primary Care. He became a faculty member of the University of Pennsylvania, Department of Medicine, in 1996.
Herbert S. Waxman Award for Outstanding Medical Student Educator recognizes an ACP member who is an internal medicine interest group leader, clinical clerkship director, program director, or faculty member who spends a significant amount of time teaching medical students.
- Ed Ruby, MD, FACP, FACE, of Philadelphia, teaches internal medicine residents and medical students at Thomas Jefferson University and Mercy Catholic Medical Center. He has received Best Teacher Awards on several occasions from the Internal Medicine Residency programs at and Thomas Jefferson University Mercy Catholic Medical Center.
The Southeastern Region of the PA-ACP Chapter honors select members with a Special Recognition Award.
- Ziad Dimachkie, MD, of Philadelphia, graduated with his medical degree earlier this year from Temple University School of Medicine. He started his residency in Internal Medicine at Temple University Hospital, after which he hopes to go on to a fellowship in cardiology. He has participated with the chapter's Strategic Planning session and chaired the Student Health Policy Symposium for 2014.
You can also view the awards flyer for photos of our awardees. Congratulations to all!