Fostering Excellence in Internal Medicine
Join your colleagues in internal medicine at the virtual scientific meeting of the North Dakota Chapter of the American College of Physicians, being held Friday, October 16, 2020. The meeting is a great way for you to recharge, rewind, and reflect with your peers, chapter leaders, and great speakers. Connect virtually with the North Dakota Chapter’s rich source of knowledge content.
- COVID-19 in North Dakota
- Medical Education, Patient Safety, and Diagnostic Errors
- Review of Recent Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Dr. Dinesh Bande
- Dr. Abhishek Matta
- Dr. Fadel Nammour
Access the live feeds by clicking the 'Access the Virtual Meeting' button within the Agenda below.
Tools & Tips for Attendees
Before attending the chapter's virtual meeting, be sure to read through these tools & tips to make the most our of your experience.
Equipment and Materials
Our meeting will be conducted on the Zoom platform and all registered attendees will be have links to the Zoom meeting through this page. If you do not have a Zoom account, we recommend you sign up for one before the meeting. Sign up is free. Click here to sign up.
Test Your Equipment in Advance
- Please test and check your system at least 15 minutes prior to meeting. This includes your network connection, device battery life, and speakers.
- We recommend you use a computer or a tablet for the best experience. The system is not responsive on a cell phone.
Control Your Environment as Best You Can
- Mute other devices that might interfere with your computer audio.
- Create a learning-conducive environment, eliminating as many distractions as possible. Close out of other tabs and mute notifications, if possible.
- Prepare your space with anything you may need during the virtual program (appropriate chargers, note-taking materials, water, etc.).
Troubleshooting Technical Difficulties
- Some networks cause slides to advance more slowly than others. If your slides are behind or you are having audio issues, please try to refresh the page.
Engagement Through the CHAT Feature
- Take note of how the presenter intends to utilize the chat feature as well as the Q&A field. Participate in questions and polls to stay engaged with the session.
- Questions for the presenters can be submitted through the Q&A function or within the chat. CHAT can also be a great way to engage and connect with other attendees.
ACP Chapter's Virtual Meeting Code of Conduct
ACP expects members, staff, and others who participate in events and activities involving ACP to treat others as you would like to be treated – with courtesy, respect for differences, and in ways that appropriately represent the profession of internal medicine. As set forth in ACP’s An-Harassment Policy, ACP does not tolerate any form of harassment, including intimidation, hostility, or other unwelcome and offensive communication or treatment.
If you experience or observe harassing, inappropriate or otherwise unprofessional behavior, or you have concerns about how you have been treated by an ACP member or staff or anyone else at an ACP meeting or event, you may report the incident to Carla Mosser.
For other questions about the virtual meeting, contact Carla Mosser at 701-293-4134 or firstname.lastname@example.org.