You are here
2015 Chapter Abstract Competition
We are pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts for the 2015 ACP New Mexico Chapter Scientific Meeting, which will be held November 5-7 at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel in Albuquerque.
This is an ACP Resident/Fellow Members' and Medical Students' competition. First author and presenter must be an ACP Resident/Fellow Member or Medical Student with current membership status. Residents and Medical Students may apply for membership online. Resident/Fellow membership is paid by the Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Student membership is free. Only one submission per first author is allowed, but there is no limit to the number of which you may be involved. Abstracts submitted by Resident/Fellow Members can be for oral or poster presentations. On the abstract submission form, please select either oral or poster presentation. Abstracts not selected for the oral presentation will automatically be placed in the poster category. Abstracts submitted by Medical Students are for poster presentations only. The word limit is 450 words.
Abstracts will be accepted into one of five categories: Clinical Vignette (reports of one or more cases that illustrate a rare disease entity or an unusual clinical presentation of an established disease, Basic or Clinical Research (clinical and/or laboratory research, delineating a new investigation into mechanisms of disease or consisting of a detailed review of a clinical problem), Quality Improvement/High Value Care (a project in progress or completed project with results), or High Value Cost-Conscious Care (projects that focus on: reducing waste in the system (unnecessary testing and treatment or inappropriate setting for care), minimizing harms (radiation exposure, medication side effects), or improving patient care through communication (incorporating patient values and concerns into care plans). Refer to How to Write a Clinical Vignette Abstract and How to Write a Research Abstract for more information.
We highly encourage you to submit early to ensure your abstract is received. You will receive an e-mail notification once your abstract has been successfully submitted. Please use your most used e-mail address when submitting the abstract. All communication regarding the abstract competition will be sent electronically.
Deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. MT September 4, 2015.
If your abstract is accepted for poster presentation:
- Plan to set up your poster between 1:00-3:45 p.m. on Thursday, November 5.
- Plan to stay for judging to answer questions about your poster on Thursday from 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- One easel will be provided as well as poster board measuring 30" x 40" with a 1/4" thickness and tacks will be available at the hotel at the entrance to the exhibit hall at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel.
- Posters will be on display beginning Thursday, November 5, from 4:00-8:30 p.m.; Friday, November 6, from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.; and Saturday, November 7, from 7:00-11:30 a.m.
- We ask that you be present at a reception 5:20-6:20 p.m. on Friday, November 6. Prizes will be awarded at this reception.
You will need to register for the meeting. The meeting brochure and registration link are available on the Chapter Web site. There is no charge for Residents or Medical Students to attend the meeting.
Eileen Barrett, MD, MPH, FACP
Governor, ACP New Mexico Chapter