You are here
New Masters Awarded
Congratulations to Mary Y. Lee, MD, MACP and John B. Wong, MD, MACP (Belmont) who have been awarded Mastership of the College and will be honored during the Convocation Ceremony at the 2020 Internal Medicine Meeting. To be considered for Mastership, the candidate must have made a notable contribution to medicine. This includes but is not limited to teaching, outstanding work in clinical medicine (research or practice), contributions to preventive medicine, improvements in the delivery of health care, or contributions to medical literature.
Members Receive National Awards
- Tom L. Delbanco, MD, MACP, who received the John Phillips Memorial Award for Outstanding Work in Clinical Medicine Award
- Michael J. Barry, MD, MACP, who received the James D. Bruce Memorial Award for Distinguished Contributions in Preventive Medicine Award
- Valerie E. Stone, MD, MPH, MACP, who received the W. Lester Henry Award for Diversity and Access to Care Award
All national awards and Masterships will be presented during Convocation at Internal Medicine 2020.
2020 Internal Medicine Abstract Competition Winners
Special congratulations to:
- Mehmet F. Burak, MD, was a winner in Resident/Fellow Basic Research - The poster title was "Targeting Adipo-Pulmonary Axis to Prevent and Treat Obesity Related Asthma"
- Sul A. Lee, MD, MD, was a winner in Resident/Fellow Research ePoster - The poster title was "CD4+ T cell-derived NGAL modifies outcome from ischemic acute kidney injury"
- Anthony Bekasiak, MD, was a winner in Resident/Fellow Clinical Vignette ePoster - The poster title was "Non-Islet Cell Tumor Hypoglycemia Associated with Metastatic Rhabdomyosarcoma"
Massachusetts Chapter Wins 2018 John Tooker Evergreen Award
The John Tooker Evergreen Awards Program provides recognition and visibility to chapters that have successfully implemented programs to increase membership, improve communication, increase member involvement, enhance diversity, foster careers in internal medicine and improve management of the chapter. The Massachusetts Chapter received a 2018 John Tooker Evergreen Award for their initiative, Chapter HPPC State House Advocacy Day.