You are here
(May 2021) Congratulations to James J. O'Connell, MD, MACP, Kerri L. Palamara, MD, MACP, Nancy A. Rigotti, MD, MACP (Boston), Susan V. George, MD, MACP (Worcester), and Joseph M. Li, MD, MACP (Needham) who have been awarded Mastership of the College and will be honored during the Convocation Ceremony at the 2021 Internal Medicine Meeting. To be considered for Mastership, the candidate must have made a notable contribution to medicine. This includes but is not limited to teaching, outstanding work in clinical medicine (research or practice), contributions to preventive medicine, improvements in the delivery of health care, or contributions to medical literature.
(May 2021) Congratulations to:
- James D. Bruce Memorial Award for Distinguished Contributions in Preventive Medicine - JoAnn E. Manson, MD, FACP
- W. Lester Henry Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Thomas A. L. Lincoln, MD
- ACP Award for Distinguished Contributions to Behavioral Medicine - Christopher W. Shanahan, MD, MPH, FACP
- Steven E. Weinberger Award for Physician Executives/Leaders - Donald Berwick, MD
All national awards and Masterships were presented during Convocation at Internal Medicine 2021.
(May 2020) Special congratulations to:
- Mehmet F. Burak, MD, was a winner in Resident/Fellow Basic Research - The poster title was "Targeting Adipo-Pulmonary Axis to Prevent and Treat Obesity Related Asthma"
- Sul A. Lee, MD, MD, was a winner in Resident/Fellow Research ePoster - The poster title was "CD4+ T cell-derived NGAL modifies outcome from ischemic acute kidney injury"
- Anthony Bekasiak, MD, was a winner in Resident/Fellow Clinical Vignette ePoster - The poster title was "Non-Islet Cell Tumor Hypoglycemia Associated with Metastatic Rhabdomyosarcoma"