You Need a Chief Vaccination Officer (And ACP Can Help)
Increasing adult immunization rates takes more than a committed physician champion-leader; the whole health care team, including office staff, need to be on board to optimize billing, and convey the importance of vaccines to patients.
ACP invites all I Raise the Rates champions to nominate a member of their health care team to be their Chief Vaccination Officer or CVO. Select a nurse, medical assistant, practice manager or pharmacist working in your practice to:
- Receive training on the importance of adult immunizations and how team members can help protect all of the practice’s patients. This series of three, one-hour webinars will be scheduled to accommodate availability and will be led by nurses and other team members who have been CVOs.
- Receive telephone support for implementing a change to improve vaccinations in-practice.
- Be recognized nationally as a CVO.
- Have an opportunity to win an iPad and attend ACP’s Internal Medicine Meeting in San Diego, CA from March 30-April 1, all expenses paid: details to follow!
In addition, champions who nominate a CVO will receive $150 to provide lunch for their clinic staff - a great way to promote immunization and celebrate the team who does it.
Share the Love: Sponsor a Champion
Based on your success, we want to open the opportunity up to additional practices in your state. We know that you are the best person to identify your peers and let them know what to do.
Once a new champion is identified, ACP will reach out to them, providing a virtual champion training over 3 webinars and 2 personalized coaching calls to help them develop and implement a plan for increasing immunization rates in their practice. Champions will receive a $1000 stipend for participation. New champions must sign up no later than October 15th.
As a current champion we would like to reward your efforts to increase adult immunization rates. Here’s what you’ll receive for your efforts:
- Recruit 1 champion: Free registration for the 2017 Internal Medicine Meeting in San Diego, CA from March 30-April 1
- Recruit 2 champions: Free registration, plus two nights of lodging
- Recruit 3 champions: Free registration, two nights of lodging, travel to and from San Diego, all expenses paid, and recognition at the QI reception
If you are interested in participating, contact Michael Cestare at firstname.lastname@example.org or Michele Duchin at MDuchin@mail.acponline.org.
ACP Quality Connect: Coaching Calls
The Center for Quality is excited to launch the ACP Quality Connect: Coaching Call series. These 1-hour coaching calls provide support to participants across all of our Quality Improvement (QI) programs, including adult immunization, diabetes, and chronic pain. Expert faculty will provide guidance on general QI/practice transformation strategies as well as focus on specific clinical programs. These calls are free of charge and are open to all QI Champions.
We invite you to participate in 1 or more of these coaching calls. Weekly calls will take place beginning May 31st and will go through the end of September. Click here to sign up!