You are here
Congratulate our Newest Masters
Congratulations to Howard E. Voss, MD, MACP of Stuart and Lisa L. Zacher, MD, MACP of Orlando who have been selected to become Masters of the College (MACP). To be considered for Mastership, the candidate must have made a notable contribution to medicine. This includes but is not limited to teaching, outstanding work in clinical medicine (research or practice), contributions to preventive medicine, improvements in the delivery health care, or contributions to medical literature.
ACP Medical Student Abstract Competition Poster Winner - Internal Medicine Meeting 2016
Special congratulations to Resident/Fellow Research Poster Winners:
- Sajiv Sethi, MD - University of South Florida, Tampa, FL for MicroRNA Expression and Alteration in the Development of Colon Cancer
- Edwin Hayes, MD - University of Miami School of Medicine – Atlantic, Atlantis, FL for Doomed to Repeat: An Interesting Case of a Modern Disease Precipitating a Historical One
2016 ACP Young Achievers
Special congratulations to our chapter's Young Achievers:
- Clinical Vignette Poster Finalists - Lauren M Vaughan, Nicole Brunner, and Bryan Edwards
- Research Oral Presenter - Aysha Ahmed
- Research Poster Finalists - Rishabh Jethanandani and Daniel Gaballa
- Clinical Vignette Poster Finalists - Vivek Choksi, MD; Shane Bobart, MD; Fnu Asad-ur-Rahman, MBBS; Alvina Munaf, MD; Maria I Linares, MD; Gerard Chaaya, MD; Ryan A Kunjal, MD; Mohammed N Bhuiyan, MD; Edwin Hayes, MD; Sweta Shah, MD; and Nikesh R Kapadia, MD
- Doctor's Dilemma Participants - Daniel C Anscher, MD; Omar H Qazi, MD; and Ariel Perez-Perez, MD
- Research Poster Finalists - Calixto Duarte, MD; Kayin Jeffers, MD; Sue-Wei Luu, MD; Sajiv Sethi, MD; Diana Marian, MD; Ekaterina Kostioukhina, MD; and Prakhar Vijayvargiya, MD
Congratulations to our 2016 FL Chapter Awardees!
- ACP Adult Immunization Champion Award - Cynthia Miller, MD FACP
- Community Based Teacher of the Year Award - Karen Echeverria-Beltran, MD FACP
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award - Cuc Mai, MD FACP
- Volunteerism and Community Service Award - Benjamin Mena, MD
- Internist of the Year Award - Ankush K. Bansal, MD FACP
- Laureate Award - Yank D. Coble, MD MACP
Florida Medical Student Featured in IMpact Newsletter
Christin Giordano, PA-C, MS2 from the University of Central Florida College Medicine, Class of 2016, is featured in the March 2014 edition of IMPact. View her full article
Congratulations to Our New FL ACP Fellows!
View the full list of new Fellows elected in the past six months.
Have you . . . received an award, appointment, certification or other honor? Done some interesting volunteer work, had an article published, received a promotion? We'd like to share your good news in this section of the Chapter web site. Please e-mail items of interest to Bridget H. Anderson.