You are here
Manitoba and Saskatchewan Governor's Newsletter May 2019
In this Issue:
- GOVERNOR’S MESSAGE
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- ENHANCE YOUR PERSONAL WELL-BEING
- EXCELLENT RESOURCES FOR MEMBERS
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- WELCOME TO NEW MEMBERS
- FACP – BECOME ONE TODAY!
- CALLING RESIDENTS, MEDICAL STUDENTS AND MEMBERS
Glen R. Drobot, MD, FACP, ACP Governor
- Welcome spring and yet another successful Internal Medicine Meeting took place in Philadelphia. There was over 8,800 delegates from around the world along with 212 Canadians. The education was excellent, and I encourage you to attend future meetings.
- Missed this year's IM meeting? There is still a chance to benefit. Click to purchase session recordings.
- The ACP Convocation is an annual ceremony where the College recognizes and applauds its new Fellows, Masters and the recipients of various honors. Congratulations to all!
- Once again, Canada was well represented at the national ACP Doctor's Dilemma® Competition with teams from Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, and the Atlantic Provinces. Congratulations to the Ontario team for making it to the final round and finishing an amazing 3rd amongst 52 teams!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
ENHANCE YOUR PERSONAL WELL-BEING
ACP is committed to providing high quality information, resources, tools, and support to help improve member well-being. Click to learn how the ACP is helping.
Webinar: It's a Good Day to Try! Integrating Work and Life for a Better You
May 17, 2019 at 12:00pm Eastern time
EXCELLENT RESOURCES FOR MEMBERS
- Update your Knowledge with MKSAP 18 Q&A A 26-year-old woman is evaluated for left lateral knee and distal thigh pain that began 6 weeks ago. She is a long-distance runner who trains 6 days per week. Read more and guess the answer…
- Certificate in Physician Leadership Program. Apply by June 1st. Click to learn more…
- ACP advocates for you – Read how...
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
ACP Quebec Chapter and ASMIQ Meeting / Inter-University Day
May 24-25, 2019 in Montréal, QC
ACP Quebec Chapter Meeting and ASMIQ 21st Annual Meeting
In collaboration with the ACP Hawaii Chapter
June 26-28, 2019 in Maui, Hawaii
The ACP Atlantic Provinces Chapters Annual Meeting 2019 will be held during the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Internal Medicine
October 2-5, 2019 – Halifax, NS
Call for Abstracts and Awards
CALL FOR TEAMS – ACP Doctor's Dilemma Competition®
Hosted by the ACP Canadian Chapters
During the CSIM/ACP Atlantic Provinces Chapter Meeting
October 2-5, 2019 – Halifax, NS
WELCOME TO NEW MEMBERS
Naglaa Elsayed, MD
CR Gebhardt, MD
Ghulam Moinuddin, MD
Abdalla G. Muftah, MD
Ibraheem Othman, MD
Thomas K. Jacob, MD FACP
FACP – BECOME ONE TODAY!
- Know a Chapter Member deserving of advancement to Fellowship or Mastership? Nominate them!
- There are several pathways to Fellowship with a simple application process. Or contact me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org
CALLING RESIDENTS, MEDICAL STUDENTS AND MEMBERS
We are seeking residents, students and members to assist with local activities – journal clubs, career nights, lunch & learn educational sessions. Email me at email@example.com
Share your good news or that of a colleague and we will post it in our Chapter newsletter.
Follow the ACP Canadian Chapters on Twitter! @ACPCanadian