You are here
British Columbia Governor's Newsletter May 2019
In this Issue:
- Governor's Message
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- ENHANCE YOUR PERSONAL WELL-BEING
- EXCELLENT RESOURCES FOR MEMBERS
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- WELCOME TO NEW MEMBERS
- FACP – BECOME ONE TODAY!
- BE ACTIVE IN YOUR CHAPTER!
Michael R. Kenyon, MBBCh, FRCPC, FACP, Governor
- This year's Internal Medicine Meeting in Philadelphia was a resounding success with over 8,800 delegates from around the world along with 212 Canadians. The education was excellent, and I encourage you to attend future meetings.
- Missed this year's IM meeting? There is still a chance to benefit. Click to purchase session recordings.
- The six Canadian chapters were delighted to host another well-received reception for the Canadians in attendance at this year's IM Meeting. Members had the opportunity to network with their colleagues and the Governors. My thanks to Ms. Domenica Utano, Executive Director of the Canadian Chapters, for organizing the event and for her ongoing work throughout the year.
- The Convocation of the American College of Physicians is an annual ceremony whereby the College recognizes and applauds its new Fellows, Masters and the recipients of various honors. Congratulations to all!
From left to right:Dr. George Dresser, Governor Ontario Chapter, Dr. Marek Jakubowski, New Fellow, Ontario, Dr. Bert Govig, Governor, Quebec Chapter, Dr. John Kachope, New Fellow, Alberta, Dr. Nadine Lahoud, Past-Governor, Quebec Chapter, Dr. Narmin Kassam, Past-Governor, Alberta Chapter, Dr. Michael Kenyon, Governor, British Columbia
- Once again, Canada was well represented at the national ACP Doctor's Dilemma® Competition with teams from Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, and the Atlantic Provinces. Congratulations to the Ontario team for making it to the final round and finishing an amazing 3rd amongst 52 teams!
- Upcoming July 3-4: My ICU group will once again hold an ACP–sponsored Critical Care Skills Boot Camp for UBC GIM Fellows, July 3-4, 2019.
- In February, the second meeting of the ACP Internal Medicine Student Club was held at the UBC/Island Medical Program’s University of Victoria campus. We also hosted dinner and an enjoyable game of medical jeopardy. Thanks to Ms. Sarah Gibbs for organizing the event.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Rocky Mountain/ACP Western Canada Chapters Annual Meeting
ENHANCE YOUR PERSONAL WELL-BEING
ACP is committed to providing high quality information, resources, tools, and support to help improve member well-being. Click to learn how the ACP is helping.
Webinar: It's a Good Day to Try! Integrating Work and Life for a Better You
May 17, 2019 at 12:00 pm Eastern time
EXCELLENT RESOURCES FOR MEMBERS
- Update your Knowledge with MKSAP 18 Q&A
A 26-year-old woman is evaluated for left lateral knee and distal thigh pain that began 6 weeks ago. She is a long-distance runner who trains 6 days per week. Read more and guess the answer…
- Certificate in Physician Leadership Program. Apply BY JUNE 1st. Click for details…
- MedEd Bootcamp for Residents – click to learn more…
- ACP advocates for you – Read how...
DynaMed Plus® - ACP members have free access to the most current, evidence-based clinical decision support tool until August 31, 2019.
ACP Journal Club - a summary of the best new evidence for internal medicine from over 120 clinical journals.
ACP JournalWise - searches and filters the most recent articles from the top 120 medical journals.
IM In-Training Exam - a web-based self-assessment exam for residents to assess their progress.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
ACP Quebec Chapter and ASMIQ Meeting / Inter-University Day
May 24-25, 2019
ACP Quebec Chapter Meeting and ASMIQ 21st Annual Meeting
In collaboration with the ACP Hawaii Chapter
June 26-28, 2019
The ACP Atlantic Provinces Chapters Annual Meeting 2019 will be held during the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Internal Medicine
October 2-5, 2019 – Halifax, NS
Call for Abstracts and Awards
CALL FOR TEAMS - ACP Doctor's Dilemma Competition®
Hosted by the ACP Canadian Chapters
During the CSIM/ACP Atlantic Provinces Chapter Meeting
October 2-5, 2019 – Halifax, NS
ACP Internal Medicine Meeting
Click for future dates and cities
WELCOME TO NEW MEMBERS
Laura Megin Fong, MDCM
Genevieve Gabra, MD
Arina Garg, MD
Bikaramjit Singh Mann, MD
Daniel Roux, MBChB
FACP – BECOME ONE TODAY!
- Know a Chapter Member deserving of advancement to Fellowship or Mastership? Nominate them!
- There are several pathways to Fellowship with a simple application process. Or contact me personally at Zulu5@shaw.ca.
BE ACTIVE IN YOUR CHAPTER!
We are seeking residents, students and members to assist with local activities – journal clubs, career nights, educational sessions. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share your good news or that of a colleague and we will post it in our Chapter newsletter.
Follow the ACP Canadian Chapters on Twitter! @ACPCanadian