ACP Practice Assessment Tools
What are they?
The ACP Practice Assessment Tools are a set of novel, web-based practice-assessment products that offer the ability to earn 20 CME credits and 20 ABIM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Practice Assessment points.
Who should use them?
ACP Practice Assessment Tools are recommended for physicians that have limited experience in practice assessment or are new to the healthcare quality improvement process and physicians that have limited access to aggregated patient care data such as those associated with patient registries, health system or hospital reports, physician pay-for-performance programs, or electronic health records.
How do they work?
These tools have six distinct elements:
- A “point of care” web-based data collection tool allows the participant to collect patient data retrospectively from a chart audit or prospectively, at the time care is delivered.
- A graphical display shows actual clinical performance as assessed by nationally recognized performance metrics. Participants can compare their performance against the aggregate performance of peers participating in the same program.
- An “action plan” tool guides the participants in creating a performance improvement plan by offering a series of structured options and actions including selecting performance improvement goals, selecting a performance improvement team, setting performance goals, identifying reasons for current performance, and offering solutions to improve performance.
- A performance re-measurement tool enables participants to easily collect follow-up data after implementing action(s).
- A graphical display shows the results of the re-measurement including a comparison to the original/baseline round of data collection.
- The final element consists of links to a collection of educational and related practice resources for physicians and patients.
Upon successful completion of the program, ACP Practice Assessment tools allow for easy online submission for 20 CME credits from ACP and 20 ABIM Maintenance of Certification Practice Assessment points from ABIM.
How do I learn more?
View the Quick Start User Guide (PDF).
Contact the ACP Practice Assessment Tools staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CME Accreditation Information
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates these Practice Improvement CME activities for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
For guided QI projects, access ACP Quality Connect.
Multimedia Learning Resources
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
Reviews of the World's Top Medical Journals - FREE to ACP Members!
|ACP JournalWiseSM is mobile optimized with optional email alerts! Get access to reviews from over 120 of the world's top medical journals alerting you to the highest quality, most clinically relevant new articles based on your preferred areas of specialty. ACP Members register your FREE account now!|
New CME Option: Internal Medicine 2014 Recordings
New CME Package
|Includes 75 of the most popular sessions in internal medicine and the subspecialties. Stream the sessions, answer brief quizzes and earn CME credit. See details.|