Physicians Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
Eligible professionals please note that 2012 is the last reporting year tied exclusively to an incentive payment equal to 0.5% of your allowed charges for Physician Fee Schedule covered services.
Providers who have not reported PQRS measures in 2013 will incur a 1.5% negative adjustment to their 2015 Medicare reimbursements; the negative adjustment will increase to 2% for each year thereafter. To avoid these penalties all physicians who bill Medicare will need to be reporting through PQRS beginning in 2013. The deadline to submit for the 2012 program year is March 14, 2013.
Watch an informational webinar on the PQRIWizard that covers future payment risk/rewards for the PQRS program.
*Please note access to the PQRIwizard tool must be renewed for each reporting year.
Use PQRIWizard to Avoid Costly Penalties
ACP offers the PQRIWizard a fast, convenient, and cost-effective online tool to help collect and report quality measure data for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) PQRS incentive payment program. Benefits of the PQRI Wizard:
- Maximize your PQRS Incentive
- Automatic Data Validation
- Minimize Data Entry Time - Requires as few as 30 patient records
- Eliminate Claims and Coding
Other Reporting Options
It's not too late to participate in the 2012 PQRS 12-month reporting period using claims, registry or EHR submission. A new six month reporting period using the registry submission option began on July 1, 2012. Get Complete Details
PQRS 2013 General Information
PQRS 2012 General Information
- PQRS Updates for 2012
- 2012 PQRS: Registry Reporting Made Simple
- 2012 PQRS: Electronic Health Record (EHR) Reporting Made Simple
- 2012 PQRS: Claims Reporting Made Simple
- 2012 PQRS: Maintenance of Certification Program Incentive Made Simple
- 2012 PQRS Claims-Based Coding and Reporting Principles
- 2012 PQRS Made Simple for Reporting the Preventive Care Measures Group Via Claims
- 2012 PQRS and eRx Incentive Program Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO): Participation for the Incentive Payment Made Simple
- 2012 Medicare EHR Incentive Program and PQRS Electronic Reporting Pilot
Clinical Guidance for Participating in PQRS
Recognizing PQRS Problems and Improving the Program
View brief summary of documented PQRS problems and access CMS report describing actions to improve the program.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services PQRS Information
"Medicare Incentive Payments Tip Sheet" - How to coordinate participating in multiple Medicare incentive programs (e.g., eRx, PQRS, EHR) at the same time.
Communicate with ACP and Colleagues
E-mail ACP staff your questions and/or comments (login required) on your Medicare PQRS experience.
Communicate with your ACP colleagues about PQRS in the members-only Small Practices Special Interest Group community.
Multimedia Learning Resources
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
Earn MOC Points for Medical Knowledge
ACP offers its members many ways to earn ABIM MOC points for Medical Knowledge and to make the process easier. See our MOC Timeline Page for details.
Ceramic Bistro-Style ACP Mug
Enjoy your morning brew and show your ACP spirit with our 15-ounce dishwasher- and microwave-safe mug. Enjoy free shipping within the continental U.S.