We understand the challenges of keeping current on how to appropriately bill and code for your Medicare patients. Below are a number of resources to help you ensure that you are paid appropriately and are not in violation of any Medicare policies.
- ACP Comment Letter Regarding the Physician Fee Schedule 2015 Proposed Rule
- Medicare Issues E&M Comparison Reports
Medicare Web Based Education Tools
CMS has made available free Web-based Training (WBT) Courses that allow physicians to view and enroll online.
Preventive Care Visits
Medicare Regulations Concerning:
- Medicare Improper Payment Review
- Medical Review (MR) Programs at MACs
- Recovery Auditor Contractors (RAC)
- Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) Contractors
- Medicare Claim Review Programs: MR, NCCI Edits, MUEs, CERT, and RAC
- Home Health Face-to-Face Encounter Requirement
Care Plan Oversight Encounter Worksheet and Instructions (login required)
Payment for Home Health Care Plan Certification (login required)
Physician Visits to Patients in Skilled Nursing Facilities (login required)
Prescribing Home Oxygen for Medicare Patients (login required)
- Report insurer problems using the Health Plan Complaint Form
- Where We Stand: Medicare Issues and Health Plan Insurance Regulations
Frequently Asked Questions
Review billing and coding issues that are important to internists.
Multimedia Learning Resources
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Products and Resources for Patients
ACP has developed easy- to-use materials designed to help educate your patients on self-management of a wide variety of common health conditions. Order yours today!