We understand the challenges of keeping current on how to appropriately bill and code for your Medicare patients. Below are a number of resources to help you ensure that you are paid appropriately and are not in violation of any Medicare policies.
- ACP Comment Letter Regarding the Physician Fee Schedule 2015 Proposed Rule
- Medicare Issues E&M Comparison Reports
Medicare Web Based Education Tools
CMS has made available free Web-based Training (WBT) Courses that allow physicians to view and enroll online.
Preventive Care Visits
Medicare Regulations Concerning:
- Medicare Improper Payment Review
- Medical Review (MR) Programs at MACs
- Recovery Auditor Contractors (RAC)
- Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) Contractors
- Medicare Claim Review Programs: MR, NCCI Edits, MUEs, CERT, and RAC
- Home Health Face-to-Face Encounter Requirement
Care Plan Oversight Encounter Worksheet and Instructions (login required)
Physician Visits to Patients in Skilled Nursing Facilities (login required)
- Report insurer problems using the Health Plan Complaint Form
- Where We Stand: Medicare Issues and Health Plan Insurance Regulations
Frequently Asked Questions
Review billing and coding issues that are important to internists.
Multimedia Learning Resources
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
Internal Medicine Meeting Early Registration Discount
Register early for Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 in Boston, MA to lock in the lowest possible rate. Learn more or register now!
Are You Using ACP Smart Medicine®?
This online clinical decision support tool is a FREE benefit of ACP membership delivering point-of-care access to evidence-based recommendations. Includes more than 500 modules, images and reference tables. Start now or watch the video tour.