On April 1, 2014, President Obama signed the Protecting Access to Medicare Act of 2014 (HR 4302), which among other things, extended the deadline for ICD-10 by one year to October 1, 2015. ACP has many free and discounted resources for understanding, training for, and implementing ICD-10. As we get more information about how this will play out, we will post it here: ICD-10.
- Coding 201 Video (14:27): This recording provides an overview of code development and the CPT and RUC process.
- Medically Unlikely and Correct Coding Initiative Edits
- 2013 Changes in Application of Medically Unlikely Edits
- Coding 101 - Web-Based Coding Curriculum
Coding 101 is an eight module web-based curriculum designed for internal medicine residents and other clinical learners including established internists in need of review, other medical specialties, and practice personnel who need to understand coding.
- Transitional Care Management (TCM) Codes
- Transitional Care Management Coding Video (8:00): This recording provides background information on these new codes and tips on how to successfully bill for this code.
- TCM Code Denials
- Coding and Billing for Internists' Services: Challenges and Opportunities
Tools and Forms
Coding Assessment Tool (login required)
Coding for Internists: The Basics (login required)
Medicare Web Based Education Tools
CMS has made available free Web-based Training (WBT) Courses that allow physicians to view and enroll online.
- Report insurer problems using the Health Plan Complaint Form
- Where We Stand: Medicare Issues and Health Plan Insurance Regulations
Frequently Asked Questions
Review billing and coding issues that are important to internists.
Multimedia Learning Resources
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
Have questions about the new ABIM MOC Program?
One Click to Confidence - Free to members
ACP Smart Medicine is a new, online clinical decision support tool specifically for internal medicine. Get rapid point-of-care access to evidence-based clinical recommendations and guidelines. Plus, users can easily earn CME credit. Learn more