- Medically Unlikely and Correct Coding Initiative Edits
- 2013 Changes in Application of Medically Unlikely Edits
- Coding 101 - Web-Based Coding Curriculum
Coding 101 is an eight module web-based curriculum designed for internal medicine residents and other clinical learners including established internists in need of review, other medical specialties, and practice personnel who need to understand coding.
- Transitional Care Management (TCM) Codes
- Coding and Billing for Internists' Services: Challenges and Opportunities
- Current ACP Position on CMS Decision to Cease Recognition of CPT Consultation Service Codes for Payment Purposes
- Making Sense of CMS's new policy on consultation billing
- Aetna and United Healthcare Policies Regarding Coding Consultations
Tools and Forms
Coding Assessment Tool (login required)
Coding for Internists: The Basics (login required)
- CMS ICD-10 Resources
- ICD10 Quick Reference
- ICD-10 CM/PCS Myths and Facts
- The ICD-10 Transition: An Introduction
- ICD-10 Basics for Medical Practices
- Implementation Guide for Small to Medium Practice Providers
- Implementation Guide for Large Practice Providers
- Talking to Your Vendors About ICD-10 and Version 5010: Tips for Medical Practices
- ICD10 Implementation Strategies, Podcasts and Slideshows
- CMS 2011 ICD-10 and ICD 10-PCS crosswalks
- ICD-10 2013 General Equivalence Mappings (GEMs)
- Assessing Your Vendors
- AMA's ICD-10 Resources
- AMA on ICD-10: Understanding and Readiness
Learn "What You Need to Know for the Upcoming Transition to ICD-10" in this free AMA white paper (registration required).
- Medscape CME Modules - "CMS, through Medscape Education, developed these two ICD-10 video lectures and an expert article providing practical guidance for the ICD-10 transition."
Medicare Web Based Education Tools
CMS has made available free Web-based Training (WBT) Courses that allow physicians to view and enroll online.
- Report insurer problems using the Health Plan Complaint Form
- Where We Stand: Medicare Issues and Health Plan Insurance Regulations
Frequently Asked Questions
Review billing and coding issues that are important to internists.
Multimedia Learning Resources
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
Earn MOC Points for Medical Knowledge
ACP offers its members many ways to earn ABIM MOC points for Medical Knowledge and to make the process easier. See our MOC Timeline Page for details.
Ceramic Bistro-Style ACP Mug
Enjoy your morning brew and show your ACP spirit with our 15-ounce dishwasher- and microwave-safe mug. Enjoy free shipping within the continental U.S.