Laboratory Proficiency Testing Program
Medical Laboratory Evaluation (MLE) Mission
The mission of Medical Laboratory Evaluation (MLE) is to administer a service-oriented laboratory proficiency testing program that provides technical and educational tools necessary to assess, monitor and improve the quality of laboratory testing.
MLE acknowledges five goals supporting this mission:
- To serve as a catalyst for continuous quality improvement in clinical laboratory practice, promoting testing excellence and optimal outcomes in patient care.
- To educate through the dissemination of technical information, emphasizing issues that contribute to accurate patient testing and to successful laboratory proficiency testing.
- To provide courteous and flexible customer service, ensuring the timely resolution of all inquiries and concerns.
- To provide timely, accurate and reader-friendly laboratory proficiency testing evaluations, encouraging the use of these reports in monitoring the quality of patient testing.
- To interact with state and federal regulatory agencies and accrediting organizations, alerting participants about issues that affect compliance.
View enrollment information and download a copy of our catalog.
Here is what some of our participants have to say about the MLE Program.
Page updated: 11-14-11
- Participant Summary
- Regulatory Information
- Educational Resources
- About Proficiency Testing
- MLE Staff
Come visit MLE Booth 312 at COLA's Symposium for Clinical Laboratories
October 10-13, 2012
2012 MLE Catalogs and Information Guide for Proficiency Testing
Related Laboratory Websites
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- CMS Regional Offices Contact List
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- TJC (formerly Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- State Agencies Contact List
- American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Learn on the Go with Internal Medicine 2012 Digital Presentations!
Attend virtual sessions on a wide variety of topics in the format of your choice with Internal Medicine 2012 recordings and webcasts. Choose from over 175 scientific sessions or 18 webcasts of selected sessions. Select individual sessions or money-saving packages. Review your options now.