Who Supports the PCMH Care Model?
The PCMH care model is supported by the major primary care physician groups, including:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
as well as 19 additional physician organizations:
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Academy of Neurology
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Internists
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Directors Association
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Association of Professors of Medicine
- Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine
- Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Society for Adolescent Medicine
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- The Endocrine Society
In addition, the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC) is a coalition of over 260 patient advocate groups, major employers, health plans, and physician membership organizations who have joined to advance the patient-centered medical home.
Do You Need Help Becoming a Patient Centered Medical Home?
New Study: Total Cost of Care Lower among Medicare Fee-for-Service Beneficiaries Receiving Care from Patient-Centered Medical Homes
August 9, 2014: A new, independent research study, conducted by RTI International and published in the Health Services Research journal, adds to the evidence that accredited patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs) deliver lower cost and drive more appropriate health care utilization. The study focused on participants in the Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) program, comparing 308 PCMHs recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) with a sample of nearly 2,000 non-accredited PCMHs across three years, beginning in July of 2008.
Recognized PCMH Practices
Internal Medicine Meeting Early Registration Discount
Register early for Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 in Boston, MA to lock in the lowest possible rate. Learn more or register now!
Are You Using ACP Smart Medicine®?
This online clinical decision support tool is a FREE benefit of ACP membership delivering point-of-care access to evidence-based recommendations. Includes more than 500 modules, images and reference tables. Start now or watch the video tour.