Who Supports the PCMH Care Model?
The PCMH care model is supported by the major primary care physician groups, including:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
as well as 19 additional physician organizations:
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Academy of Neurology
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Internists
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Directors Association
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Association of Professors of Medicine
- Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine
- Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Society for Adolescent Medicine
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- The Endocrine Society
In addition, the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC) is a coalition of over 260 patient advocate groups, major employers, health plans, and physician membership organizations who have joined to advance the patient-centered medical home.
Do You Need Help Becoming a Patient Centered Medical Home?
On September 6, the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative, released the report "Benefits of Implementing the Primary Care Patient-Centered Medical Home: Cost and Quality Results" This report provides a summary of new and updated results from PCMH initiatives from the past two years, including cost and quality outcomes data.
Recognized PCMH Practices
Introduction to the Patient Centered Medical Home Video
Patients are curious about what a "Patient Centered Medical Home" is and this video was produced by Emmi Solutions in partnership with the Patient Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC) in an attempt to answer their questions. Many practices already provide the type of care outlined in the video, and it is by no means meant to be critical to those physicians who are doing their best to provide patient-centered care under the current structure.
Reviews of the World's Top Medical Journals - FREE to ACP Members!
|ACP JournalWiseSM is mobile optimized with optional email alerts! Get access to reviews from over 120 of the world's top medical journals alerting you to the highest quality, most clinically relevant new articles based on your preferred areas of specialty. ACP Members register your FREE account now!|
New CME Option: Internal Medicine 2014 Recordings
New CME Package
|Includes 75 of the most popular sessions in internal medicine and the subspecialties. Stream the sessions, answer brief quizzes and earn CME credit. See details.|