Who Supports the PCMH Care Model?
The PCMH care model is supported by the major primary care physician groups, including:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
as well as 19 additional physician organizations:
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Academy of Neurology
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Internists
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Directors Association
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Association of Professors of Medicine
- Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine
- Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Society for Adolescent Medicine
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- The Endocrine Society
In addition, the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC) is a coalition of over 260 patient advocate groups, major employers, health plans, and physician membership organizations who have joined to advance the patient-centered medical home.
Do You Need Help Becoming a Patient Centered Medical Home?
New Study: Total Cost of Care Lower among Medicare Fee-for-Service Beneficiaries Receiving Care from Patient-Centered Medical Homes
August 9, 2014: A new, independent research study, conducted by RTI International and published in the Health Services Research journal, adds to the evidence that accredited patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs) deliver lower cost and drive more appropriate health care utilization. The study focused on participants in the Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) program, comparing 308 PCMHs recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) with a sample of nearly 2,000 non-accredited PCMHs across three years, beginning in July of 2008.
Recognized PCMH Practices
Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 Digital Presentations
Choose from over 170 recorded Scientific Program Sessions and Pre-Courses. Available in a variety of packages and formats so you can choose the combination that works best for you.