Who Supports the PCMH Care Model?
The PCMH care model is supported by the major primary care physician groups, including:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
as well as 19 additional physician organizations:
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Academy of Neurology
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Internists
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Directors Association
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Association of Professors of Medicine
- Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine
- Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Society for Adolescent Medicine
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- The Endocrine Society
In addition, the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC) is a coalition of over 260 patient advocate groups, major employers, health plans, and physician membership organizations who have joined to advance the patient-centered medical home.
Do You Need Help Becoming a Patient Centered Medical Home?
On September 6, the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative, released the report "Benefits of Implementing the Primary Care Patient-Centered Medical Home: Cost and Quality Results" This report provides a summary of new and updated results from PCMH initiatives from the past two years, including cost and quality outcomes data.
Recognized PCMH Practices
Introduction to the Patient Centered Medical Home Video
Patients are curious about what a "Patient Centered Medical Home" is and this video was produced by Emmi Solutions in partnership with the Patient Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC) in an attempt to answer their questions. Many practices already provide the type of care outlined in the video, and it is by no means meant to be critical to those physicians who are doing their best to provide patient-centered care under the current structure.
MKSAP 16 Holiday Special: Save 10%
Use MKSAP 16 to earn MOC points, prepare for ABIM exams and assess your clinical knowledge. For a limited time save 10% when you use priority code MK16TOP2!
Will You be Stumped? Try the Consult Guys and Earn Free CME
The Consult Guys have another stumper! How would you handle this case? Watch the video and take the CME quiz.