The following list includes links to grant-funded PCMH projects with varying approaches and goals, such as primary research, project evaluation, development of educational materials, implementation of the model, and transformation support.
- ABMS: Improving Performance in Practice (IPIP) (largely funded by a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant)
- National Partnership for Women and Families: Educating Consumers about the Patient-Centered Medical Home (WellPoint Foundation grant)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance: Expanding Measurement Approaches for Evaluating the Patient-Centered Medical Home, Phase 2 (Commonwealth Fund grant)
- North Carolina Foundation for Advanced Health Programs, Inc.: Diffusing the Community Care of North Carolina Model to Bring Medical Homes to Medicaid Beneficiaries (Commonwealth Fund grant)
- PCPCC/NASHP: Supporting the Patient Centered Medical Home in Medicaid and SCHIP (Commonwealth Fund grant)
- Qualis Health: Patient-Centered Care for the Safety Net System (joint project of Qualis Health, The Commonwealth Fund, and the MacColl Institute for Healthcare Innovation)
- Regents of the University of California: The Role of the Medical Home in Providing a Focus for Care and in Facilitating Coordination of Care for Chronically Ill Patients (Commonwealth Fund grant)
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: Aligning Forces for Quality
- Roger C. Lipitz Center for Integrated Health Care: The Guided Care Solution - Supporters of the Guided Care randomized clinical trial include: National Institute on Aging, The John A. Hartford Foundation, The Jacob & Valeria Langeloth Foundation, and a grant from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Health Care: MedHomeInfo – Resources and Assistance for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Patient-Centered Medical Home Demonstration Project (John A. Hartford Foundation grant—to provide assistance to medical practices in eight states, to be selected by CMS, to qualify for and participate in CMS’s three-year Medicare Medical Home Demonstration project.)
- University of Chicago: Evaluation of the Commonwealth Fund’s Medical Home Safety Net Initiative, Phase 1 (Commonwealth Fund grant)
- University of Connecticut: Evaluating a Medical Home Demonstration in Two Health Plans (Commonwealth Fund grant—the evaluation is of the EmblemHealth Medical Home High Value Network Project)
- The Urban Institute: What Does a Patient-Centered Medical Home Cost? (jointly funded by ACP and The Commonwealth Fund)
Do You Need Help Becoming a Patient Centered Medical Home?
On September 6, the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative, released the report "Benefits of Implementing the Primary Care Patient-Centered Medical Home: Cost and Quality Results" This report provides a summary of new and updated results from PCMH initiatives from the past two years, including cost and quality outcomes data.
Recognized PCMH Practices
Introduction to the Patient Centered Medical Home Video
Patients are curious about what a "Patient Centered Medical Home" is and this video was produced by Emmi Solutions in partnership with the Patient Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC) in an attempt to answer their questions. Many practices already provide the type of care outlined in the video, and it is by no means meant to be critical to those physicians who are doing their best to provide patient-centered care under the current structure.
Internal Medicine 2014 Advance Program Now Online
Details about Internal Medicine 2014's robust offerings are now available on our Website! Use the online Schedule Planner to build and save your own schedule.
New from ACP: Free High Value Care Cases
Free MOC and CME Credit with easy online submission
HVC Cases provide:
Get started now with your ACP user name and password!