Associate Members – Get Involved in ACP
2013-2014 Council of Associates Call for Nominations
If you want to get involved nationally with resident and fellow trainees, please consider running for a seat on the ACP Council of Associates (COA). The COA is responsible for advising ACP about programming to enhance the professional development of residents/fellows, fostering their involvement in College activities, and increasing the value of ACP membership for residents/fellows.
To be eligible to run for a seat on the COA you must be an ACP Associate member in good standing.
To be an effective Council member you must commit to:
- Serving a two-year term beginning at the College’s Annual Business Meeting (April 13, 2013).
- Traveling to ACP’s annual Internal Medicine meeting during your term to participate in COA meetings and facilitate Associate activities during the meeting. Internal Medicine 2013 will be held in San Francisco on April 11-13.
- Traveling to Philadelphia once each year for a Council meeting and participating in several additional conference calls/webinars.
- Possibly serving as the Associate representative on one of several College committees. Serving on a committee will require at least one additional trip to Philadelphia or Washington, D.C.
- Spending approximately 1-2 hours bimonthly on Council activities.
If you are interested in running for an open seat and are currently in training in one of the following regions please follow the submission instructions below.
- Northeastern Region (CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV) – 2 seats are open
- Southern Region (AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, OK, PR, SC, TN, TX)
– 1 seat is open
- Uniformed Services Region (ACP Army, Navy, and Air Force Chapters)
– 1 seat is open
- Canadian Region (ACP Canadian Chapters)
– 1 seat is open
How to Apply:
- Nomination materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on January 4, 2013.
- Nomination materials include a letter of intent, one letter of recommendation, and a current curriculum vitae (CV).
- Submit your nomination materials via e-mail to email@example.com addressed to:
Jay Bhatt, DO, MPH, MPA
Chair, Council of Associates
c/o Patty Moore
The Council will conduct elections in January and candidates will be notified of the results by January 31, 2013. Questions regarding the elections should be sent to ACP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
Join the Abstract Review Board
Volunteer to become an integral part of our abstract competition.
Connect with your peers
Join this ACP members-only virtual community to connect with other residents and fellows.
Associate Member Benefits: ACP offers Associate membership for internal medicine residents and subspecialty fellows-in-training.
Drug SMART Card
A handy reference card developed by ACP to help residents prepare for interactions with drug company sales representatives.
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
Earn MOC Points for Medical Knowledge
ACP offers its members many ways to earn ABIM MOC points for Medical Knowledge and to make the process easier. See our MOC Timeline Page for details.
Ceramic Bistro-Style ACP Mug
Enjoy your morning brew and show your ACP spirit with our 15-ounce dishwasher- and microwave-safe mug. Enjoy free shipping within the continental U.S.