Submit An Article For Publication
ACP invites you to submit articles for publication in the Career Counseling section of our website. This section is intended to be a resource for young physicians who are starting their careers and covers the following categories:
- Training, Certification, and Licensing
- Practice and Career Options
- Searching for the Right Career Opportunity
- Marketing Yourself
- The Contract, Compensation, and Malpractice Insurance
- Personal Finances
- Setting Up the Practice
ACP appreciates your interest in submitting an article to help us educate and empower our members. Career articles must educate and/or empower our readers. ACP will not publish articles that are primarily promotional in nature.
Article(s) must be submitted as a Word document and double-spaced. Your article should not exceed 1,000 words; if you feel a topic deserves more pages, consider organizing your article into 2 or more separate articles or parts. Tables, figures, images, and graphs are encouraged; graphics should be in .jpg, .gif or .png formats. To be displayed inline with text, graphics must be 400 pixels wide or less; ACP reserves the right to resize or crop to fit. An additional brief biography of the author(s) should be included at the end of your article.
Articles must be spellchecked and proofread for grammatical errors before submitting; ACP will reject content that doesn't meet this requirement. Nevertheless, ACP reserves the right to edit your article as necessary to comply with these submission guidelines.
Submitting an article does not guarantee inclusion in ACP Online. ACP reserves the right to reject an article submission for any reason.
Articles for consideration should be sent to: email@example.com
A submitted or accepted article does not entitle the author(s), their affiliates or any other person financial compensation of any kind. The author(s) name and affiliations will be prominently displayed; however, there will be no compensation from ACP or the users for articles submitted.
The submission of articles to and/or publication by ACP shall not be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture, agency, or employment relationship between the author (s) and ACP.
Rights, Warranties, and Exclusivity
By submitting article(s) and subject to the submission guidelines above:
- You warrant that you are the principal copyright owner of the article and images/graphics contained therein and are authorizing use of the material by ACP, and that the material submitted does not infringe copyright, proprietary or intellectual property rights of any other person. ACP does not assume responsibility for verifying ownership for material submitted.
- You grant ACP the right to publish your article(s) anywhere on our Web site, blogs, and print publications. ACP may also change where it appears, including the category, at any time and without notice.
- You grant ACP Online users the right to publish your articles on their Web sites, in their newsletters or publications, and more as long as the article is left in the state as published by ACP.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ACP, its employees, members, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, and successors from any loss, damage, or expense (including legal fees) that such party may suffer due to a breach by you (alleged or otherwise) of any of these warranties.
ACP Career Connection's
Job Search Advantage
Search for jobs that suit your internal medicine and/or specialty career path. Register as a Job Seeker for additional benefits.
- Build, edit and store your Job Seeker Profile
- Select Early Job Notifier to have job alerts e-mailed to you
New Video: Navigating the Maze of a Job Search
This presentation helps you determine your professional and personal interests, write a CV and cover letter, and prepare for an interview.
Resident/Fellow Member Benefits: ACP offers Resident/Fellow Membership for internal medicine residents and subspecialty fellows-in-training.
Join ACP: Take advantage of members only benefits by becoming a Resident/Fellow member of ACP today.
Connect with your peers
Join this ACP members-only virtual community to connect with other residents and fellows.
Find a Mentor
Find an experienced physician who can answer your questions about internal medicine.
Have questions about the new ABIM MOC Program?
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
One Click to Confidence - Free to members
ACP Smart Medicine is a new, online clinical decision support tool specifically for internal medicine. Get rapid point-of-care access to evidence-based clinical recommendations and guidelines. Plus, users can easily earn CME credit. Learn more