New Practice Checklist
The following is a list of items you should have in hand when you begin entry into the job market. You should be aware that some processes are lengthy and should be started during your last year of residency if possible.
1. Diplomas, Certificates, and Licenses
- Photocopy all diplomas, certificates, and licenses before they are framed. Keep master copies in a separate file. You will be asked to provide copies of these documents throughout your career.
2. Required Licenses
- Local business
3. Employee Management Requirements
5. Payer Credentialing
6. Hospital Credentialing
- Decide on the hospitals where you want to be credentialed
- Have recommendations, copies of diploma, residency certificate licenses, board certification (if available)
- DEA numbers
- Documentation of experience with desired procedures
- BLS and/or ACLS certificates
ACP Career Connection's
Job Search Advantage
Search for jobs that suit your internal medicine and/or specialty career path. Register as a Job Seeker for additional benefits.
- Build, edit and store your Job Seeker Profile
- Select Early Job Notifier to have job alerts e-mailed to you
New Video: Navigating the Maze of a Job Search
This presentation helps you determine your professional and personal interests, write a CV and cover letter, and prepare for an interview.
Resident/Fellow Member Benefits: ACP offers Resident/Fellow Membership for internal medicine residents and subspecialty fellows-in-training.
Join ACP: Take advantage of members only benefits by becoming a Resident/Fellow member of ACP today.
Connect with your peers
Join this ACP members-only virtual community to connect with other residents and fellows.
Find a Mentor
Find an experienced physician who can answer your questions about internal medicine.
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 Live Simulcast!
Unable to attend the meeting this year? On Saturday, May 2, seven sessions will be streamed live from the meeting. Register for the simulcast and earn CME credit after watching each session. Watch it live or download for later viewing.