Application Checklist for ACP Fellowship
Do you meet the basic requirements?
If you answer “yes” to the following professional activity questions, you are ready to explore ACP Fellowship:
- Have you been an ACP member for two years following completion of residency training?
- Are you board certified?
- If in clinical practice, is your medical license active?
- Do you have at least two years of experience in practice or in an academic position?
- Is your clinical activity focused on internal medicine, one of the subspecialties, or neurology?
- Have you been continuing your professional development and medical education?
- Do you volunteer your time by participating in community service or committee activities?
Find your area of professional accomplishment
Now that you have met the basic requirements for ACP Fellowship, consider these additional areas of professional accomplishment. To apply, you should have activity within one or several of the following areas:
- Continuing education
- Subspecialty certification; recertification; advanced degrees; or MKSAP completion
- Active ACP participation
- Membership for more than five years
- Attendance at chapter/national meetings; abstract competition judging; MKSAP or exam question review; committee/council participation
- Articles; abstracts; book chapters; books; or online media
- Medical director; committee chair; or working group responsible party
If you meet the basic requirements and have additional areas of professional accomplishment, simply submit the following materials to apply for ACP Fellowship:
- Completed and signed ACP Fellowship application
- Updated CV
- Sponsoring forms or letters from two ACP Fellows or Masters
- Fellowship initiation fee
Log in to My Membership to pay your dues, change your address, and search the Membership Directory.
Recommend ACP Membership to your colleagues and earn a significant discount on your membership dues or even free membership. Help strengthen the voice of internal medicine!