Welcome Early Career Physicians!
Thank you for your interest and participation in the American College of Physicians (ACP). You are important! As a recently trained physician starting your medical career, you represent the future of ACP and as such, can catalyze much enthusiasm and accomplishment for the organization.
The benefits of membership in ACP are many and diverse. They range from access to Annals of Internal Medicine, MKSAP (Medical Knowledge and Self Assessment Program) discounts, and ACP JournalWise, a new mobile-friendly website that helps you stay on top of the medical literature from around the world.
ACP also offers early career physicians the opportunity to develop leadership skills through its Leadership Enhancement and Development program (LEAD) now in its fifth year of awarding certificates. In the advocacy arena the College is actively working to address issues relevant to practicing physicians such as recertification, fixing the SGR, pay-for-performance initiatives, and the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
The Council of Early Career Physicians serves as a resource for the College and provides an effective mechanism for addressing your concerns, along with development of products and services. With seats on the Board of Regents, the Board of Governors, and major College committees; the Council is able to disseminate your ideas and concerns directly to the College’s leadership and to the leaders in organized medicine.
Areas in which the Council is actively working include:
- Addressing the needs of both ambulist and hospitalist physicians and ensuring that the process for maintaining board certification consists of varied channels for assessing performance,
- Increasing participation of Early Career Physicians in advocacy for the state and direction of healthcare,
- Developing activities and pathways to leadership for Early Career Physicians in state chapters and nationally,
- Understanding and addressing the difficulties associated with establishing a career in internal medicine while simultaneously juggling family life.
We are excited about the work that needs to be done in the coming year. We want to hear from you and assist you in any way possible! Feel free to contact me or other members of the national Council of Early Career Physicians so that we can best serve you.
Noel Deep, MD, FACP
Chair, Council of Early Career Physicians
Join ACP Now:
Council of Early Career Physicians Quick Links
- About the Council of Early Career Physicians
- Achieving more with ACP: Advocacy
- Achieving More with ACP: Membership
- Leadership Enhancement and Development
- Chapter Councils of Early Career Physicians (CCECP's)
Clinical & Publication Quick Links
Log in to My Membership to pay your dues, change your address, and search the Membership Directory.
Recommend ACP Membership to your colleagues and earn a significant discount on your membership dues or even free membership. Help strengthen the voice of internal medicine!