Benefits for Physicians Post-training
ACP Resources for Physicians Post-training
- Clinical Guidelines
ACP produces highly-respected, evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Recent topics include: Hormonal Testing and Pharmacologic Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction, Screening for HIV in Health Care Settings, and Using Second-Generation Antidepressants to Treat Depressive Disorders. Free to members.
- ACP’s Clinical Skills Program offers a variety of training programs on office-based procedures, physical examinations, and communication skills at ACP's annual Internal Medicine Meeting, or through videos and training modules. Topics include: Clinical Breast Examination, Common Skin Biopsy Techniques, Arthrocentesis and Joint Injection, and more. Clinical Skills training is included in the Internal Medicine Meeting registration, or by purchasing a video at a member discount.
- ACP Smart MedicineSM offers authoritative, evidence-based guidance to improve clinical care. Earn free CME credit using ACP's new clinical decision support tool. Free to members.
- Annals of Internal Medicine, the leading internal medicine journal, publishes original research reviews, clinical guidelines, commentaries, and essays related to the practice of internal medicine. Annals also includes two regular monthly features, In the Clinic, a review of best practices for managing common clinical conditions, and ACP Journal Club which offers reviews of the most clinically relevant and highest quality new studies from more than 130 journals. Free print subscription and online access for members. (Special dues categories exist that determine benefits available.)
- ACP JournalWise is a new mobile-friendly website that helps you stay on top of the medical literature from around the world. You set up your preferences by specialty area, and JournalWise alerts you when important new journal articles are reviewed. The mobile format makes it easy for you to check in whenever you have a few minutes for reading. You can’t read it all, so we do it for you! Free to members.
- ACP Internist & ACP Internist Weekly report on new developments in clinical medicine, practice management, and public policy, along with updates on College initiatives. The Weekly edition is delivered via email every Tuesday. Free to members.
- ACP Hospitalist & ACP HospitalistWeekly keeps readers current on all aspects of hospital medicine, including: clinical issues, career trends, research, and practice management. The Weekly edition is delivered via email every Wednesday. Free to members. You must sign up for a free subscription to these publications.
- ACP Press book titles range from guides for those new to teaching and publishing to detailed instruction for internists selecting an EHR. Many books are available in e-book format. Discount for members.
- MKSAP 16 reinforces the information you know and helps you identify topics that need additional work with over 1,000 pages of syllabus text, and nearly 1,100 multiple-choice questions. ACP members save up to $200 on the purchase of MKSAP.
- ACP’s Patient Education Resources include printed HEALTH TiPS that help patients to ask their physician questions related to their conditions, VIDEO HEALTH TiPS, which are short, easy to understand, patient-centered health literate videos, and Everyday Self Management Guides that teach patients how to manage their chronic illnesses. Free to members.
- ACP Meetings
ACP hosts a variety state, national and international scientific meetings throughout the year. All scientific meetings provide attendees with diverse clinical learning opportunities. At the national level, ACP hosts the annual Internal Medicine Meeting usually held in April. Discount for members.
- Course Recordings and Webcasts
ACP's webcasts and recordings let you learn and earn CME on your own schedule. These can be accessed on your PC, mobile player (MP3 files), or DVD. Webcasts from the annual Internal Medicine Meeting offer the knowledge and CME credit derived from the meeting to those who were unable to attend. Board Review course recordings present complete reviews of internal medicine. 10% discount for members.
- Annals of Internal Medicine
Up to three articles from each issue are designated for CME credit, and companion CME quizzes are provided online. Links to quizzes are provided on the Annals of Internal Medicine home page, tables of contents, and on the CME-designated articles themselves. Free to members.
- ACP Smart MedicineSM
Authoritative, evidence-based guidance to improve clinical care. Earn free CME credit using ACP's new clinical decision support tool. Free to members.
Get CME credits with MKSAP! MKSAP includes over 1,100 challenging multiple choice questions covering all subspecialties of internal medicine. ACP members save up to $200 on the purchase of MKSAP.
- Answering ABIM SEP Module Questions
If you choose to earn self-evaluation points through the ABIM modules, ACP makes it easy to find the answers. We offer links to knowledge resources relating to each question for most modules. Free to members.
- Using MKSAP for Self-Evaluation of Medical Knowledge Points
MKSAP® allows you to apply directly to the ABIM for Self-Evaluation of Medical Knowledge points. Simply complete MKSAP tests in the digital or print formats to earn up to 80 of the required points. Submit your test records directly to ABIM through ACP's online submission form. This service is free to MKSAP subscribers.
- MKSAP for Exam Preparation
Study for the ABIM secure exam with ACP's Medical Self-Assessment Program (MKSAP®) the gold standard in Board prep. MKSAP offers flexible formats that make it easy for you to study wherever and whenever you choose. ACP members save up to $200 on the purchase of MKSAP.
- Board Review Courses
ACP offers several options for board review courses to help you prepare for the ABIM recertification exam. Choose from 2-3 day MOC preparation courses, or 4-6 day comprehensive Internal Medicine board review courses. ACP members save hundreds of dollars on all of these courses.
- The Internal Medicine Meeting
ACP's annual Internal Medicine Meeting is the premier meeting for the specialty and offers over 200 educational sessions in internal medicine and its subspecialties. Earn CME by attending ACP's annual meeting. ACP members save up to $200 on registration.
- MKSAP® 16
The latest edition of the Medical Knowledge Self-Assessment Program® (MKSAP®) 16 provides you with the most current and critical information in the core of internal medicine so you can stay aware of what you need to know as a practicing physician in internal medicine today. MKSAP 16 is widely considered the go-to source when preparing for the Boards and is also valuable for clinical reference, Available as an 11-book set and a digital format that includes an App so you can now work offline as well as online. For the best value, MKSAP 16 Complete includes the print books, the digital format, Board Basics 3 and 4 MKSAP 16 Online Updates. ACP members receive a substantial discount and save up to $200 off the purchase of MKSAP.
- ACP's Practice Management Resources
ACP provides members with a series of tools, guides and resources spanning a full spectrum of business- and quality-related topics focused on aiding members in the enhancement of their practices. Free to members.
- AmericanEHR Partners
AmericanEHR Partners is a FREE resource to help ACP members compare, evaluate and select a certified EHR system for their practice. Free to members.
- ACP Practice Advisor
ACP Practice Advisor provides affordable online guidance for practices involved in incremental quality improvement changes - or significant practice transformation. The ACP Practice Advisor also provides guidance in setting up a new practice. With an intuitive web-based interface, the self-paced program guides practices through a simple, yet thorough, process for practice evaluation. Discount for members.
- Medical Laboratory Evaluation
ACP's U.S.-based Medical Laboratory Evaluation (MLE) program provides Proficiency Testing services for those who perform diagnostic testing where blood and bodily fluids are drawn. Annual administration fee of $85 waived for ACP members.
- ACP Career Connection
Registering with ACP Career Connection allows you to build, edit and store your profile to submit to employers. Your profile is intended for your use when applying for a job and is not searchable by employers. Receive e-mail alerts sent each Tuesday when jobs matching your criteria become available by opting to receive Early Job Notifiers. Free to members.
- ACP Leadership Academy
The ACP Leadership Academy provides early career internists with training and resources to prepare them for leadership roles in the healthcare setting. In partnership the American College of Physician Executives (ACPE), ACP offers a variety of options for leadership development. Course topics include strategic thinking, financial decision-making, managing physician performance, marketing, ethics, and more. Discount for members.
- Get Published
Submit your work to Annals of Internal Medicine and reach a broader audience of physicians while also enhancing patient care. Articles are subject to a rigorous review process to ensure that the most relevant, influential and credible information is presented.
Special Interest Groups
Connect with other ACP members through ACP's Special Interest Groups. These members-only groups promote community and networking through lively online discussions. Current groups include Hospital Medicine, Physician Educators, Women in Medicine, and many more. Free and exclusive to members.
ACP is committed to supporting efforts that improve the practice of internal medicine. Our mission is to enhance the quality and effectiveness of health care by fostering excellence and professionalism in the practice of internal medicine.
Advocates for Internal Medicine Network
The College greatly depends upon year-round grassroots support from over 7,000 ACP Advocates for continued success on Capitol Hill. Advocates communicate with their members of Congress on issues of importance to medical students, internists and their patients, and report the results back to ACP.
The ACP Advocate
Edited by the College's Washington, D.C. Governmental Affairs Division, The ACP Advocate is a bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care. Free to members; must sign up to receive it.
The ACP Advocate Blog
Bob Doherty, ACP's senior vice president of Governmental Affairs and Public Policy, writes a weekly blog that invites commentary on provocative and intriguing health policy discussions. It seeks to inform readers and to elicit commentary from across the political spectrum.
The Board of Governors is ACP's advisory body to the College's policy-making body, the Board of Regents. Masters, Fellows and Members who have belonged to ACP for at least two years have the opportunity to vote for an ACP Governor to represent his or her concerns and interests.
ACP Chapters & Regions
The College conducts many of its activities through local units called chapters and regions. In addition to implementing local programs, most chapters hold an annual scientific meeting known as a chapter meeting. ACP chapter meetings provide a forum for updating clinical knowledge and skills, exchanging ideas, discussing issues, earning CME credit, and hearing from your local Governor about topics important to you. ACP has international chapters in: Brazil, Canada, Central America, Chile, Japan, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela.
The Council of Early Career Physicians supports the professional development and quality of life for physicians who are 16 years or less beyond medical school.
ACP's Council of Subspecialty Societies (login required) addresses matters affecting general internal medicine and its subspecialties.
- Volunteering Resources
The College maintains a volunteerism networking database to enable ACP members involved or interested in volunteerism and community service to connect with each other about volunteer opportunities.
Reach out to other ACP members through Member Connection, the ACP Member Directory (login required). This searchable directory provides contact information for all ACP members, and access is only available to ACP members.
Group Insurance Discount
ACP members are eligible to apply for competitively-priced group insurance plans, offered through Mercer Consumer, a service of Mercer Health & Benefits Administration LLC.
- Liability Insurance Discounts
ACP exclusively sponsors The Doctors Company, protecting members with coverage from the nation’s largest physician-owned medical malpractice insurer. Qualified members with favorable claims histories save 5% or more. For more information, call (800) 352-0320 or visit www.thedoctors.com/ACP.
Get the exclusive American College of Physicians Visa® card
Earn $100 cash rewards bonus after qualifying transactions. Earn cash back and show your support for ACP with the BankAmericard Cash RewardsTM credit card. Available to members.
CIBT is the leading global provider of travel visa and passport services. The agreement with CIBT provides several benefits to American College of Physician members in the U.S. and Canada requiring visas, passport renewals or other travel document services. Available to members.
- ACP Logo and Gift Items
ACP members can purchase specially-designed College logo gift items. For information and to see gift items, visit the ACP Logo Items section of ACP Online. Available for purchase.
Join ACP Now:
Early Career Physicians Corner
Access great resources specifically for early career physicians, including the latest news from the Council of Early Career Physicians.
Log in to My Membership to pay your dues, change your address, and search the Membership Directory.
Recommend ACP Membership to your colleagues and earn a significant discount on your membership dues or even free membership. Help strengthen the voice of internal medicine!