Past Articles Listed By Subject - Winning Abstracts from the Medical Student Abstract Competition
- Extensive Arterial and Venous Thrombi as a Presentation of Hypereosinophilic Syndrome with a Unique Complication of Hemolytic Anemia and Poor Response to Treatment
- Infliximab Induced Severe Hypertriglyceridemia and Eruptive Xanthomas
- Influenza vaccine induced CNS demyelination in a fifty year old male
- Internal Medicine 2014 Medical Student Abstract Winners
- ACP Congratulates Young Achievers
- Flatbush Diabetes or Idiopathic Type-1 Diabetes or Atypical Diabetes
- Olmesartan: An Unusual Cause of Celiac Sprue-like Enteropathy
December '13/January '14
- Liraglutide (GLP-1 Receptor Agonist) is a Useful Adjunct with Insulin in the Treatment of a Rodent Model of Type 1 Diabetes
- Legal Needs among Urban Safety Net Clinic Patients
- The Relationship Between Serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D And Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Successful treatment of Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis with Selective Brain Hypothermia during Whole Lung Lavage
- Secondary Syphilis: Much More Than a Rash
- West Nile Virus Associated Flaccid Paralysis
- A Bundle Approach to Improving Opioid Treatment of Chronic Non-Cancer Pain in a Primary Care Setting
- Disseminated Coccidioidomycosis with Spinal Involvement in an Immunocompetent Patient
- A Curious Case of Caffeine-Induced Hypokalemic Paralysis
- The Negative Predictive Value of Sonographically-Guided 14-Gauge Core Needle Biopsy of Breast Masses
- The Study of Neuronal Sensitivity to Ischemic Damage in a Transgenic Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease
- Molecular Cardiac Surgery with Retrograde Delivery (Mcard) in the Treatment of Heart Failure
- Antibiotics in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease: An Epidemic of Dosing Errors
- Connexin 40 Remodeling In Purkinje Cardiomyocytes Post-myocardial Infarction
- Fever in a Returned Traveler
- Serious Sequela of Polypharmacy: A Case of Serotonin Syndrome
- Pulmonary Hypertension 15 Years Following Aspergillus Empyema: Case Report and Review of the Literature
- Cotton Fever in Injection Drug Users; Contrasting Medical Obscurity and Colloquial Familiarity
- Xylobezoar (Paper Bezoar) in the Sigmoid Colon Masquerading as Diverticulitis
- Rheum for Debate
- Idiopathic Hypereosinophilic Syndrome Masquerading as False Positive Strongyloides Stecoralis
- Cigarette Package Labeling In 12 Countries
- CXCL16 Plays A Critical Role In Renal Fibrosis Through Regulation Of Bone Marrow-Derived Fibrocytes
- Neutrophil-Attracting Chemokines May Contribute to the Formation of a Pre-Metastatic Niche
- Atropine Prophylaxis a Risk Factor for Post-Carotid Artery Stenting Hypotension
- Effect of Palliative Care Services on End of Life Care in Cancer Patients
- A Zebra in the Prairie: Inflammatory Polyarthritis and Sudden Dyspnea in Central Illinois
- Coagulopathy in Alcohol-Induced Cirrhosis: To Bleed or Not To Bleed?
- A Matter of Life and Breath: A Rare Case of Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pacemaker Extrusion from Pseudomonas aeruginosa: An Unusual Presentation from an Unlikely Culprit
- In-Vivo Corneal Confocal Microscopy as a Diagnostic Test for Neuropathy in Type 1 Diabetes – A Cohort Study
- The Fruits of Labor: A Baby Boy and IRIS in an HIV-Negative patient
- Spontaneous Calcific Coronary Embolus From A Degenerative Calcific Aortic Valve: A Rare Cause Of Acute STEMI
- A Benign Cause of Neck Swelling In The HIV Patient
- An Aberrant Right Subclavian Artery And Duct Of Kommerell Aneurysm Complicated By Dissection
- Clozapine Induced Fatal Hepatic Failure
- The Sound Of Bleeding
- Assessing Potential Toxicities Of Gene Therapy: Insertional Mutagenesis Risk Following Aav Vector-mediated Gene Transfer
- Consult To Quit: Smoking Intervention At Large Public Hospital
- Priapism: A Rare Presenting Feature Of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Propionibacterium Acnes: When Will You Grow Up?
- Ultrasound And MRI In Fetuses With Ventriculomegaly: Can Cortical Development Be Used To Predict Postnatal Outcome?
- Which Physician Characteristics are Associated with Higher Quality of Care?
- MRSA Detection of Colonized Needless Catheter Ports Using Real-Time PCR
- Race and Health Care Professional Recommendations for Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Humate P for Treatment of Persistent, Life Threatening Epistaxis in a Patient with Glanzmann’s Thrombasthenia: A Case Report
- Cryptococcal Meningoencephalitis Masquerading as a Brainstem Stroke
- Longitudinal Association of Intimate Partner Violence and Depressive Symptoms in the Central Pennsylvania Women’s Health Study
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma In A 19-Year-Old Male Treated With Interleukein-2
- Incidental Diagnosis of Patent Ductus Arteriosus in an Adult
- Is All Angina Really Chest Pain?
- Unmasking Subclavian Steal Syndrome
- Combined Targeting of Histone Deacetylases and Hedgehog Signaling Cooperatively Induces Cell Death and Suppresses Proliferation In Pancreatic Cancer
- Use Of The Monoclonal Antibody Rituximab For Refractory Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Decreased Pain Of IV Catheterization Via Jet Injection
- The Efficacy Of Tenofovir Plus Emtricitabine Or Lamivudine containing Regimens In HIV-infected Patients With A Preexisting m184V Reverse Transcriptase Mutation
- Cocaine-induced Hepatotoxicity
- Non-specific Interstitial Pneumonia, Suspect The Unexpected
- Correlation Of The Asthma Control Test With Exhaled Nitric Oxide
- Shocking Toxicity: Invasive Streptococcal Infection In A 29 Year-old Male
- Targeting The HSP90 Co-chaperone CDC37 Causes Growth Arrest And Sensitizes Prostate Cancer Cells To Chemotherapy And Radiation
- Physiologic Effect of Relaxation Therapies on Autonomic Tone Early After Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Breast Cancer Tumor Size in MRI versus Surgical Pathological Specimen: A Correlative Study
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis Presenting Without Clinical Encephalitis
- Hemodynamic Differences in the Infra-renal Aorta in Mice and Men: Implications for the Localization of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms.
- “Spam Disease”: A Chronic Cutaneous Disease Linked To A Remote Island In Chuuk, Fsm And Associated With Swimming In World War II Era Bomb Craters And Working In Taro Fields.
- Medical Hide and Seek...With A Twist!
- Acute Staphylococcus Aureus Endocarditis: Early/rapid diagnosis by recognition of the classical peripheral manifestations of infective endocarditis.
- Neutropenic Fever and Thrombocytopenia in a Returning Traveler.
- An Association between Cardiovascular Risk and Cognitive Status in Non-Demented, Elderly Women with a Family History of Alzheimer's Disease.
- Mosquitoes, Meningitis, and Myocarditis: Another Etiology of Acute Febrile Illness.
- Medical Students Have Misconceptions About Standard Precautions and Biosafety Measures
- An Old World Disease Finding its Place in the Modern World.
- Porphyria Cutanea Tarda (Pct): Mutations and Sequence Variants in the Uroporphyrinogen Decarboxylase (Uro-D) Gene in Sporadic Patients.
- Cloning and Transfection of Heat Shock Protein 90 (Hsp90) Isoforms Alpha and Beta.
- Curing Diabetes and Solving the Stem Cell Dilemma: In Vitro Differentiation of Mouse Amniotic Fluid Cells into Pancreatic Islet-like Cells
- Severe Carnitine Deficiency Leading to Hyperammonemic Encephalopathy
- Heavy Metal Mayhem
- Distribution of Total Body Water in Acutely Ill Elderly Patients
- Lambl’s Excrescence: A Poorly Defined Source of Cerebral Emboli
- Mitochondrial Injury and Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- The Role of EB1 and Adenomatous Polyposis Coli in Microtubule Dynamics and Organization
- Potential Role for IFN-a Therapy in Erosive Arthritis
- Detection and Quantification of Cryptosporidium Parvum in HCT-8 Cells and Human Fecal Specimens using Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction Assay
- Adherence to the American Heart Association Guidelines for Telemetry Monitoring on a General Medicine Telemetry Unit
- A Delayed Diagnosis of Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Improving Senior Medical Students’ Knowledge of Appropriate Screening Strategies for Older Patients Using a Probabalistic Approach to Decision-Making
Students: Join ACP for Free
Benefits of Membership for Students: ACP's free Medical Student Membership includes benefits designed especially to meet students' needs.
Join Now: Sign-up today and begin enjoying the benefits of ACP Medical Student Membership.
Find a Residency
Search ACP's Internal Medicine Residency Database for information on all internal medicine residency programs in the U.S. and Canada. (ACP Members only)
ACP Clinical Shorts
Expert Education on Your Schedule
Short videos deliver highly focused answers to challenging clinical situations seen in practice and are a terrific way to earn CME credit on-the-go. See more.
New: Free Modules from ACP Practice Advisor!
Keep your practice moving in the right direction. ACP Practice Advisor is offering four modules that you and your staff can try for free. Get to know the premier online practice management tool at no risk. Explore the modules.