IMIG Update: Submit your club as the IMIG of the Month
Do you think your IMIG has what it takes to be featured as the "Internal Medicine Interest Group of the Month" in an upcoming issue of IMpact? Does your club host unique and interesting events about internal medicine? Does your IMIG have a strong presence on your campus? ACP wants to hear about your club!
If you think your club is doing great things to promote internal medicine; we want to know. Student leaders may submit an article telling us about your IMIG. Here are the guidelines for submission:
- Articles should be written by the student leader(s).
- Articles should be approximately 500-600 words.
- Articles should provide full author information at the end of the article, including the authors’ names, year of graduation, title within the IMIG, and e-mail address if you would like to receive correspondence from IMpact readers.
- Articles may include photos (JPEG, attached to the e-mail not inserted into the Word document).
- Articles should be submitted as a Word document attachment to email@example.com.
Need help getting started? Here are some suggestions:
- What makes your club different from other IMIG clubs?
- How long has your club been in existence?
- How is the leadership of your club organized?
- Do you have representatives from each year? If you do or do not, how is that beneficial to the continuity of your club?
- What types of events does your IMIG put together? You could provide an overview of all of the club activities, or choose one activity and describe in detail how you organized the event. The purpose of this would be to encourage other IMIGs to hold a similar event at their schools.
- How are your faculty advisors involved?
- Do you work with your ACP Chapter on any of the activities of your club? If so, please describe some of these.
Visit the Internal Medicine Interest Group of the Month Archive to read some examples.
IMpact staff reserves the right to edit your article if necessary. Submission does not guarantee your IMIG will be featured.
Students: Join ACP for Free
Benefits of Membership for Students: ACP's free Medical Student Membership includes benefits designed especially to meet students' needs.
Join Now: Sign-up today and begin enjoying the benefits of ACP Medical Student Membership.
Find a Residency
Search ACP's Internal Medicine Residency Database for information on all internal medicine residency programs in the U.S. and Canada. (ACP Members only)
MKSAP 16 Holiday Special: Save 10%
Use MKSAP 16® to earn MOC points, prepare for ABIM exams and assess your clinical knowledge. For a limited time save 10% when you use priority code MKPROMO! Order now.
Maintenance of Certification:
What if I Still Don't Know Where to Start?
Because the rules are complex and may apply differently depending on when you last certified, ACP has developed a MOC Navigator. This FREE tool can help you understand the impact of MOC, review requirements, guide you in selecting ways to meet the requirements, show you how to enroll, and more. Start navigating now.