Are You a Medical Student Looking for Something Different to do Next Year?
Then consider applying to The CDC Experience!
Are you curious about how public health and the CDC work?
- Do you want to work with state, local and international public health partners?
- Would you be interested in investigating outbreaks of tuberculosis among the homeless, or in a prison population?
- Or travelling to Southeast Asia to help set up a surveillance program for avian influenza?
- What about assessing risk factors for birth defects using national data bases?
- Or perhaps you would like to be at the forefront of injury prevention research?
- Or participate in the response to pandemics, such as H1N1 influenza?
Do you want an experience that offers an opportunity to enhance your research skills, build leadership potential, and improve your clinical acumen via a population health perspective, all by working on real-life problems?
The CDC Experience Applied Epidemiology Fellowship is a one-year fellowship tailored for rising 3rd- and 4th-year medical students, designed to increase the pool of physicians with a population health perspective. Nine competitively selected fellows spend 10–12 months at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offices in Atlanta, GA where they carry out epidemiologic analyses in various areas of public health. Examples of previous and current areas of concentration include viral and bacterial diseases, cardiovascular health, obesity prevention, birth defects, STDs, injury prevention, and air pollution and respiratory health.
To learn more about The CDC Experience Fellowship and to apply online, visit us here.
Applications for next year’s fellowship class must be submitted by Friday December 4, 2009. Questions? Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students: Join ACP for Free
Benefits of Membership for Students: ACP's free Medical Student Membership includes benefits designed especially to meet students' needs.
Join Now: Sign-up today and begin enjoying the benefits of ACP Medical Student Membership.
Find a Residency
Search ACP's Internal Medicine Residency Database for information on all internal medicine residency programs in the U.S. and Canada. (ACP Members only)
New Leadership Webinars
The ACP Leadership Academy is offering FREE webinars covering the core tenets of leadership, leadership in hospital medicine, finance, and more.
Join ACP Today!
ACP membership connects you with like-minded colleagues and provides access to a variety of clinical resources, practice tools, and ways to earn MOC and CME.