Video Competition for Physicians
Motivating Patients to Achieve and Sustain Weight Loss Can be a Challenge. Share Your Tips for Success in a Video and Compete for a Top Prize!
The American College of Physicians, in partnership with Discovery Channel, is sponsoring a video competition for physicians to submit a 2-3 minute video that will inform fellow physicians about effective strategies for helping patients achieve and sustain weight loss. To help you get started, here are a few questions to consider as you’re creating the video!
- How do you bring up topics related to nutrition, weight loss and related risk factors with your patients?
- How do you involve your staff in helping patients with weight loss?
- Describe your major challenges with patient compliance or fitting the right type of weight loss education into your practice routine.
- Make your video creative, educational and informative!
- Visit DiscoveryChannelCME.com to upload your 2-3 minute video.
- Overall emotional impact (inspiring, persuasive)
- Originality and creativity
- Message that is “on theme” (clear, direct message addressing the theme of the contest)
- Practice applicability (messaging that can be implemented by most practices)
Submit your video by March 9, 2012, 11:59 pm EST.
- The top 3 videos will be selected by an ACP and Discovery Channel panel of judges before Internal Medicine 2012. The top 3 finalists will receive free registration and complimentary travel and hotel accommodations for Internal Medicine 2012.
- Voting will continue at Internal Medicine 2012 and will end Friday, April 20, 2012 at 2 pm CST.
- Votes will be tallied and a winner determined. The winning video will be shown at the last session, Internal Medicine 2012 Highlights, and posted on Discovery Channel’s website.
The contestant producing the winning video will receive a prize of $500 dollars.
For more information on the video challenge, log on to DiscoveryChannelCME.com.
Have questions about the new ABIM MOC Program?
One Click to Confidence - Free to members
ACP Smart Medicine is a new, online clinical decision support tool specifically for internal medicine. Get rapid point-of-care access to evidence-based clinical recommendations and guidelines. Plus, users can easily earn CME credit. Learn more