Video Competition for Physicians
Motivating Patients to Achieve and Sustain Weight Loss Can be a Challenge. Share Your Tips for Success in a Video and Compete for a Top Prize!
The American College of Physicians, in partnership with Discovery Channel, is sponsoring a video competition for physicians to submit a 2-3 minute video that will inform fellow physicians about effective strategies for helping patients achieve and sustain weight loss. To help you get started, here are a few questions to consider as you’re creating the video!
- How do you bring up topics related to nutrition, weight loss and related risk factors with your patients?
- How do you involve your staff in helping patients with weight loss?
- Describe your major challenges with patient compliance or fitting the right type of weight loss education into your practice routine.
- Make your video creative, educational and informative!
- Visit DiscoveryChannelCME.com to upload your 2-3 minute video.
- Overall emotional impact (inspiring, persuasive)
- Originality and creativity
- Message that is “on theme” (clear, direct message addressing the theme of the contest)
- Practice applicability (messaging that can be implemented by most practices)
Submit your video by March 9, 2012, 11:59 pm EST.
- The top 3 videos will be selected by an ACP and Discovery Channel panel of judges before Internal Medicine 2012. The top 3 finalists will receive free registration and complimentary travel and hotel accommodations for Internal Medicine 2012.
- Voting will continue at Internal Medicine 2012 and will end Friday, April 20, 2012 at 2 pm CST.
- Votes will be tallied and a winner determined. The winning video will be shown at the last session, Internal Medicine 2012 Highlights, and posted on Discovery Channel’s website.
The contestant producing the winning video will receive a prize of $500 dollars.
For more information on the video challenge, log on to DiscoveryChannelCME.com.
Reviews of the World's Top Medical Journals - FREE to ACP Members!
|ACP JournalWiseSM is mobile optimized with optional email alerts! Get access to reviews from over 120 of the world's top medical journals alerting you to the highest quality, most clinically relevant new articles based on your preferred areas of specialty. ACP Members register your FREE account now!|
New CME Option: Internal Medicine 2014 Recordings
New CME Package
|Includes 75 of the most popular sessions in internal medicine and the subspecialties. Stream the sessions, answer brief quizzes and earn CME credit. See details.|