ACP Maintenance of Certification Exam Preparation Course - Washington, DC
Date: March 12-14, 2015
Course Code: PG1502
Course Schedule: Download the Course Schedule
Course Syllabus: The e-syllabus will be available beginning February 27, 2015
* Verification letter required.
- Increase and refresh knowledge of core topics in internal medicine and the subspecialties through discussion of common and not-so-common clinical problems.
- Become adept working through difficult test questions logically and successfully.
- Implement changes in clinical practice in accordance with recent advances and clinical guidelines.
Physicians preparing for the ABIM Maintenance of Certification examination in internal medicine, general internists, internal medicine subspecialists, and internal medicine trainees.
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 23.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course provides preparation for the ABIM MOC examination, but does not qualify for ABIM MOC Points.
ACP Flashcards APP
Access to the ACP Flashcards App loaded with 200 IM Board Review flashcards will be available to participants 24 hours after the course concludes.
All registrations include access to the electronic version of the course syllabus (e-syllabus), which will be available beginning February 27, 2015.
Important Points Regarding the E-Syllabus:
- The e-syllabus is a full-color pdf document in excess of 1100 pages. It is not intended for printing. If printed in black and white it will not be readable.
- You must download the syllabus to your laptop or tablet prior to attending the course, as there will not be internet access in the meeting room.
- You will need software that enables you to take notes on a pdf document. Adobe Reader is a source for free versions of note-taking software.
- You should make a back-up copy of the e-syllabus. It will only be available online until March 30, 2015.
- There are a limited number of outlets in the meeting room. Your device should be fully charged before you arrive.
*A print copy of the syllabus can be ordered with your registration for an additional $75.00 (or purchased at the course for $100). If you would like to order a print copy, please check this option on the course page before adding the course to your cart. All print copies will be distributed at the course.
Carmella A. Cole, MD, FACP
Director, Section of General Internal Medicine
Interim Chair Department of Medicine
MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Leonard Wartofsky, MD, MPH, MACP
Professor of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine
Professor of Medicine, Anatomy, Physiology, & Genetics
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Editor-in-Chief, The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism
Department of Medicine, MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Hotel and Travel Information
You are responsible for making your own hotel reservations. A sufficient number of rooms have been set aside for course registrants. In the event that the rooms have been sold out, please contact ACP Customer Service at 800-523-1546, ext. 2600 or 215-351-2600 (M-F, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET) for alternative hotels.
Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City
1250 South Hayes Street
Arlington, VA 22202
Group Rates: Single or double rooms $199
The hotel reduced-rate cutoff date is February 19, 2015
All rates are per room, per day and do not include applicable taxes and gratuities. Reduced rates are available until February 19, 2015 or until the ACP contracted hotel block sells out. Please identify yourself with this course in order to benefit from the block of rooms set aside for course registrants.
Board Review Course Recordings
Study at home with high-quality audio and video recordings of ACP's board review courses. View a sample of each recording and learn more:
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Products and Resources for Patients
ACP has developed easy- to-use materials designed to help educate your patients on self-management of a wide variety of common health conditions. Order yours today!