Washington DC Internal Medicine Board Review Course
Date: July 14-18, 2014
Course Code: PG1406
Course Schedule: Download the Sample Course Schedule
Course Syllabus: The e-syllabus will be available on June 30, 2014.
* Verification letter required.
- Review internal medicine in preparation for the ABIM Certification Examination.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in internal medicine knowledge.
- Integrate information from the many subspecialties of internal medicine.
- Implement changes in clinical practice in accordance with recent advances and clinical guidelines.
This course is intended for physicians preparing for the ABIM Certification Examination, general internists, internal medicine subspecialists, and internal medicine trainees. Other Healthcare professionals engaged in primary care will also find the subject matter relevant to their clinical practice.
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 41 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Access to ACP's electronic flash cards will be provided at the conclusion of the course.
All registrations include access to the electronic version of the course syllabus (e-syllabus), which will be available beginning June 30, 2014.
Important Points Regarding the E-Syllabus:
- The e-syllabus is a full-color pdf document in excess of 1800 pages. It is not intended for printing. If printed in black and white it will not be readable.
- You must download the syllabus to your laptop or tablet prior to attending the course, as there will not be internet access in the meeting room.
- You will need to have software that enables you to take notes on a pdf document. Adobe Reader is a source for free versions of note-taking software.
- You should make a back-up copy of the e-syllabus. It will only be available online until August 4, 2014.
- There are a limited number of outlets in the meeting room. Your device should be fully charged before you arrive.
*A print copy of the syllabus can be ordered with your registration for an additional $75.00 (or purchased at the course for $100). If you would like to order a print copy, please check this option on the course page before adding the course to your cart. All print copies will be distributed at the course.
Carmella A. Cole, MD, FACP
Director, Section of General Internal Medicine
Interim Chair Department of Medicine
MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Leonard Wartofsky, MD, MPH, MACP
Professor of Medicine
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Professor of Medicine, Anatomy, Physiology, and Genetics
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Editor-in-Chief, The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism,
Department of Medicine
MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Location - Hotel Information
You are responsible for making your own hotel reservations. A sufficient number of rooms have been set aside for course registrants. In the event that the rooms have been sold out, please contact ACP Customer Service at 800-523-1546, ext. 2600 or 215-351-2600 (M-F, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET) for alternative hotels.
Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City
1250 South Hayes Street
Arlington, VA 22202
Group Rates: Single or double rooms $209
The hotel reduced-rate cutoff date is June 22, 2014
All rates are per room, per day and do not include applicable taxes and gratuities. Reduced rates are available until June 22, 2014 or until the ACP contracted hotel block sells out. Please identify yourself with this course in order to benefit from the block of rooms set aside for course registrants.
Board Review Course Recordings
Study at home with high-quality audio and video recordings of ACP's board review courses. View a sample of each recording and learn more:
Have questions about the new ABIM MOC Program?
One Click to Confidence - Free to members
ACP Smart Medicine is a new, online clinical decision support tool specifically for internal medicine. Get rapid point-of-care access to evidence-based clinical recommendations and guidelines. Plus, users can easily earn CME credit. Learn more