CME Credit and MOC Points for Patient Safety Module
Physicians enrolled in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program can earn 8 medical knowledge self-assessment points for successfully completing the 25-question module based on the Annals of Internal Medicine: Patient Safety Learning Module. ABIM will automatically provide MOC credit for patient safety upon the successful completion and submission of this approved patient safety program.
CME and MOC activities are available free to ACP members and purchased subscriptions. Others who are interested in completing this MOC activity can learn more about ACP membership and individual subscriptions to Annals of Internal Medicine.
To earn MOC points:
- Read the Annals supplement: "Making Health Care Safer: A Critical Review of Evidence Supporting Strategies to Improve Patient Safety," available online at annals.org.
- Take the Patient Safety Learning Module MOC Quiz to submit your answers to the 25 questions and transfer the information to the ABIM. Important: Even if you have submitted answers to the CME quiz on annals.org, you will need to re-enter your answers into the online MOC submission form.
- Successful completion of the module – score of 100% -- qualifies for 8 ABIM MOC points.
- ABIM will automatically provide MOC credit for patient safety upon the successful completion and submission of this approved patient safety program.
To earn CME credits:
- Read the Annals supplement: "Making Health Care Safer: A Critical Review of Evidence Supporting Strategies to Improve Patient Safety,"ACP Ethics Manual, available online at annals.org.
- Complete the Patient Safety CME Course.
- Successful completion of the CME course – score of 100% -- qualifies for 10 CME credits.
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this Enduring Material, Making Health Care Safer: A Critical Review of Evidence Supporting Strategies to Improve Patient Safety, for a maximum of 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- You will need to log in with your ACP Online username and password. If you have not yet done so, create an account now.
- CME credit is also available on cme.annals.org.
For questions please call ACP Customer Service at 800-523-1546, x2600 or 215-351-2600 or submit your question online.
Physicians maintaining their American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) certification can go to ABIM.org to see the specific requirements for MOC.
Watch a sample of the MOC Exam Preparation course.
Discuss MOC issues and strategies with your ACP colleagues in the Maintenance of Certification Special Interest Group.