ACP advises public to get seasonal flu vaccine
PHILADELPHIA, October 3, 2013 -- With flu season approaching, now is a perfect time for all adults, especially people with chronic conditions and the elderly, to get a flu shot and take that opportunity to talk with their doctor about other immunizations, also called vaccinations, they might need.
Read the complete statement from Molly Cooke, MD, FACP, president of ACP.
ACP Immunization Webinar Series
Join ACP for a series of immunization-related webinars, made possible by a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (1U66IP000393-01). Learn the latest vaccine recommendations for adults and also how to utilize the entire office team in organizing immunization services in your practice.
ACP Immunization Portal
Visit the ACP Immunization Portal to:
- download or order print copies of the newly published ACP Guide to Adult Immunization
- receive updates with new resources as they become available
- subscribe to a free news feed of the latest evidence-based research in adult immunization
ACP Immunization Policy
- ACP Endorses the 2013 ACIP Adult Immunization Schedule
- ACP Board of Regents Approves ACP/IDSA Joint Statement of Medical Societies Regarding Vaccination by Physicians
- ACP Policy on Influenza Vaccination of Health Care Workers
Tell Us What You Think!
Please take a moment to complete ACP's Barriers to Immunization Poll.
Campaign for Adult Immunization
ACP is a proud member of the Campaign for Adult Immunization, an initiative of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases to ensure that all adults are fully aware of, and have access to, appropriate immunizations. Visit their site for access to a list of professional resources for healthcare providers.
Search this point-of-care decision support tool today. A free benefit of ACP membership.
MKSAP 16 Holiday Special: Save 10%
Use MKSAP 16 to earn MOC points, prepare for ABIM exams and assess your clinical knowledge. For a limited time save 10% when you use priority code MK16TOP2!
Will You be Stumped? Try the Consult Guys and Earn Free CME
The Consult Guys have another stumper! How would you handle this case? Watch the video and take the CME quiz.