Medical Liability Reform
Professional liability insurers are leaving states with higher claim rates, dropping physicians in high risk specialities or simply refusing to issue professional liability insurance to physicians.
Learn more about ACP's recommendations and actions to support internists.
- ACP letter of support for H.R. 4106, the Saving Lives, Saving Costs Act (2-Apr-14)
- Joint letter to HHS regarding serious concerns about the backlog of Medicare appeals (12-Feb-14)
- GOP SGR Framework proposal as Released by the Ways Means Energy Commerce Committees (25-Feb-13)
- How Bad Budget Choices and Broken Politics Are Undermining Progress in Health (26-Jan-12)
- Reforming Medicare in the Age of Deficit Reduction (16-Apr-12)
- Medical Liability Reform Deficit Reduction Sign-On Letter (03-Oct-11)
- Health Care Coverage, Capacity and Cost: What Does the Future Hold? (27-Jan-11)
- Letter to Reduce Federal Spending (12-Sep-11)
- Medical Liability Reform: Innovative Solutions for a New Health Care System (Apr-14)
- Summary of ACP's Positions on Medical Liability Reform (Dec-11)
- Search the Library
Additional Resources: Links to Other Organizations
- American Tort Reform Association - ATRA (www.atra.org)
- Health Care Liability Alliance - HCLA (www.hcla.org)
- Physicians Insurance Association of America - PIAA (www.piaa.us)
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
- National Governors Association - NGA (www.nga.org)
- National Conference of State Legislators - NCSL (www.ncsl.org)
- National Conference of Insurance Legislators (NCIL) (www.ncoil.org)
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
The Self-Destructive Power of Cynicism
- Thursday, November 6, 2014
What does the 2014 election mean for Obamacare?
- Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Is assimilation inevitable for independent physician practices?
- Thursday, October 9, 2014
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
Open Enrollment Information Gap, How Navigators Help, and the Effect of
Price on Health Decisions
November 7, 2014
- Guidelines on Ebola, Open Enrollment Approaches, and the Role of
October 24, 2014
Changes from the Veterans Health Administration and ACP Considers the
October 10, 2014