Medical Liability Reform
Professional liability insurers are leaving states with higher claim rates, dropping physicians in high risk specialities or simply refusing to issue professional liability insurance to physicians.
Learn more about ACP's recommendations and actions to support internists.
- ACP letter of support for H.R. 4106, the Saving Lives, Saving Costs Act (2-Apr-14)
- Joint letter to HHS regarding serious concerns about the backlog of Medicare appeals (12-Feb-14)
- GOP SGR Framework proposal as Released by the Ways Means Energy Commerce Committees (25-Feb-13)
- How Bad Budget Choices and Broken Politics Are Undermining Progress in Health (26-Jan-12)
- Reforming Medicare in the Age of Deficit Reduction (16-Apr-12)
- Medical Liability Reform Deficit Reduction Sign-On Letter (03-Oct-11)
- Health Care Coverage, Capacity and Cost: What Does the Future Hold? (27-Jan-11)
- Letter to Reduce Federal Spending (12-Sep-11)
- Reforming the Medical Professional Liability Insurance System (13-Jan-03)
- Summary of ACP's Positions on Medical Liability Reform (Dec-11)
- Search the Library
Additional Resources: Links to Other Organizations
- American Tort Reform Association - ATRA (www.atra.org)
- Health Care Liability Alliance - HCLA (www.hcla.org)
- Physicians Insurance Association of America - PIAA (www.piaa.us)
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
- National Governors Association - NGA (www.nga.org)
- National Conference of State Legislators - NCSL (www.ncsl.org)
- National Conference of Insurance Legislators (NCIL) (www.ncoil.org)
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
Four Things You Need to Know about the IOM's Call for GME Reform
- Friday, August 1, 2014
Will American conservatives lead the U.S. to...
- Friday, July 11, 2014
The Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby...
- Monday, June 30, 2014
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
Concerns over SCOTUS "Hobby Lobby" Ruling, New Tobacco Regulations,
Spiraling Drug Costs
July 18, 2014
- Advocating for Medicaid Pay Parity, Primary Care Medicare Bonus, and
Addressing the VA Scandal
June 27, 2014
Scrutinizing Health Plan Adequacy Standards, Data on Gifts and Grants
to Physicians, ACP Honors...
June 13, 2014