Medicaid is the federal government health insurance program for eligible individuals with low incomes. The program is jointly funded by the federal and state governments; each state individually runs its own Medicaid program and sets its own guidelines.
Learn more about ACP's recommendations and actions to support internists.
- Joint Letter from Group of 4 on Medicaid Pay Parity Draft Legislation (25-Jul-14)
- Coalition letter supporting extension of Medicaid pay parity for primary care services (10-Jun-14)
- Sign-on letter regarding sustaining federal primary-care payment policy in Medicaid (21-May-13)
- Coalition letter to Medicaid Committees in support of extending Medicaid Pay Parity (22-Nov-13)
- Joint letter to Medicaid Director Cindy Mann expressing continued support for Medicaid pay parity and requesting information on program status (7-May-13)
- Letter to HHS regarding the proposed rule on Medicaid essential health benefits, cost-sharing, and other issues (21-Feb-13)
- Letter to Sen. Hatch regarding his Medicare/Medicaid reform proposal (15-Feb-13)
- Joint letter to National Governors Association (NGA) and National Association of Medicaid Directors (NAMD) on primary care payment increase (29-Jan-13)
- Joint letters to House and Senate leadership opposing elimination of Medicaid pay parity provision of the Affordable Care Act (5-Dec-2012)
- Analysis of the “Medicaid Parity” Final Rule - ACP provides comments on the final rule which implements Medicaid payment for primary care services furnished by certain physicians, i.e. eligible physicians participating in a state Medicaide program or a Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) structured as an expansion of the state's Medicaid program. (07-Nov-12)
- Comment letter to CMS on Proposed Rule for Payment under Medicaid at Parity with Medicare Rates for Certain Primary Care Physicians and Services (11-Jun-12)
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
Concerns over SCOTUS "Hobby Lobby" Ruling, New Tobacco Regulations,
Spiraling Drug Costs
July 18, 2014
- Advocating for Medicaid Pay Parity, Primary Care Medicare Bonus, and
Addressing the VA Scandal
June 27, 2014
Scrutinizing Health Plan Adequacy Standards, Data on Gifts and Grants
to Physicians, ACP Honors...
June 13, 2014