Medicaid is the federal government health insurance program for eligible individuals with low incomes. The program is jointly funded by the federal and state governments; each state individually runs its own Medicaid program and sets its own guidelines.
Learn more about ACP's recommendations and actions to support internists.
- ACP national report on the impact of Medicaid payment parity for primary care services (22-Sep-14)
- Letter of support for S. 2694, the Ensuring Access to Primary Care for Women & Children Act, from internal medicine and related subspecialties (15-Sep-14)
- ACP letter in support of Medicaid Primary Care Pay Parity legislation, the Ensuring Access to Primary Care for Women & Children Act (30-Jul-14)
- Joint Letter from Group of 4 on Medicaid Pay Parity Draft Legislation (25-Jul-14)
- Coalition letter supporting extension of Medicaid pay parity for primary care services (10-Jun-14)
- Sign-on letter regarding sustaining federal primary-care payment policy in Medicaid (21-May-13)
- Coalition letter to Medicaid Committees in support of extending Medicaid Pay Parity (22-Nov-13)
- Joint letter to Medicaid Director Cindy Mann expressing continued support for Medicaid pay parity and requesting information on program status (7-May-13)
- Letter to HHS regarding the proposed rule on Medicaid essential health benefits, cost-sharing, and other issues (21-Feb-13)
- Letter to Sen. Hatch regarding his Medicare/Medicaid reform proposal (15-Feb-13)
- Joint letter to National Governors Association (NGA) and National Association of Medicaid Directors (NAMD) on primary care payment increase (29-Jan-13)
- Joint letters to House and Senate leadership opposing elimination of Medicaid pay parity provision of the Affordable Care Act (5-Dec-2012)
- Analysis of the “Medicaid Parity” Final Rule - ACP provides comments on the final rule which implements Medicaid payment for primary care services furnished by certain physicians, i.e. eligible physicians participating in a state Medicaide program or a Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) structured as an expansion of the state's Medicaid program. (07-Nov-12)
- Comment letter to CMS on Proposed Rule for Payment under Medicaid at Parity with Medicare Rates for Certain Primary Care Physicians and Services (11-Jun-12)
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
Is assimilation inevitable for independent physician practices?
- Thursday, October 9, 2014
Who's to blame for unexpected doctor bills?
- Thursday, October 2, 2014
Imagine if your mechanic couldn't fix your care before consulting an
"electronic car record"
-Monday, September 8, 2014
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
Changes from the Veterans Health Administration and ACP Considers the
October 10, 2014
Seeking Action on the SGR and Pay Parity, A New EHR Rule Examined, and
Preparing for ICD-10
September 26, 2014
- Medicaid Pay Parity, Implementation of the Sunshine Act, and a Medical
Student's Summer in DC
September 12, 2014