State Advocacy Tools
If you/your chapter would like to become more involved in advocacy but feel you do not have adequate resources or time to do so, the ACP Washington, DC office can help you/your chapter with the services below:
- Assist with developing issue briefs on ACP priority issues to be sent to state legislators, governors, or policy staff members.
- Assist in setting up meetings with your state’s governor.
- Help identify key health care committee members of your state legislature.
- Provide talking points for letters-to-the-editor or op-eds for local media.
- Assist in providing resources on ACP’s issues for use at the state level.
- Provide tips for beginning to build an effective state-based grassroots network.
- Help with coalition building or political fundraisers.
If you are interested in any of these services, please work through your ACP chapter/governor to let them know of your interest in advocating on a specific issue.
For more information or assistance with any of the item(s) listed, please contact Shuan Tomlinson in the ACP Washington Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Identify/Locate your Elected (Federal, State and Local) Officials
- 2013 State Legislative Session Calendar
- List of State and Medical Society Websites
- ACA Frequently Asked Q&A
- Chart Comparing the PPACA Legislation to ACP Policy
- National Conference of State Legislature: Health Reform State Implementation Entities
- The Kaiser Commission: Medicaid Coverage and Spending in Health Reform: National and State-by-State Results for Adults at or Below 133% Federal Poverty Line
- HHS Report: Health Insurance Marketplace Premiums for 2014
- HHS Info: Current Health Insurance Marketplace Premiums Data for 2014
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
"Obamacare" is a lifeline, not a train wreck
- Thursday, August 7, 2014
Four Things You Need to Know about the IOM's Call for GME Reform
- Friday, August 1, 2014
Will American conservatives lead the U.S. to...
- Friday, July 11, 2014
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
2015 Physician Fee Schedule Proposal, ACP's Reaction to IOM's Report on
August 15, 2014
Concerns over SCOTUS "Hobby Lobby" Ruling, New Tobacco Regulations,
Spiraling Drug Costs
July 18, 2014
- Advocating for Medicaid Pay Parity, Primary Care Medicare Bonus, and
Addressing the VA Scandal
June 27, 2014