Hot Topics (Take Action)
Current ACP Issues That Have Bearing on State Chapters
The following issues provide an opportunity for chapters to get involved at the state level.
Take Action in Your Chapter Now!
- Implementation of the ACA in the States (Background)
- Medicaid Expansion
Chapter Medicaid Patient Advocacy Campaign (Login required: accessible to Regents, Governors and Chapter Leaders only)
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Side-By-Side Comparison of the Health Insurance Exchange Regulation Final Rule with ACP's Public Comments/Recommendations
- Essential Health Benefits
- Side-by-side comparison of ACP comments and the final rule on essential health benefits, actuarial value, and accreditation
- State Workforce Analysis, Planning and Development Grants
- National Health Service Corp (NHSC) Grants
- Title VII Loans and Scholarships
- Medical Liability
- Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Innovation Center State Innovation Model Initiative
- State Legislative Efforts to Regulate Physician Speech
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
The Self-Destructive Power of Cynicism
- Thursday, November 6, 2014
What does the 2014 election mean for Obamacare?
- Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Is assimilation inevitable for independent physician practices?
- Thursday, October 9, 2014
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
Open Enrollment Information Gap, How Navigators Help, and the Effect of
Price on Health Decisions
November 7, 2014
- Guidelines on Ebola, Open Enrollment Approaches, and the Role of
October 24, 2014
Changes from the Veterans Health Administration and ACP Considers the
October 10, 2014