State of the Nation's Health Care 2011
Congress Challenged to Find ‘Common Ground’ to Address ‘Unprecedented Crisis in Our Health Care System’
On January 27, 2011, at ACP’s annual report on the state of the U.S. health care system we detailed the challenges faced by decreased access to health insurance coverage; decreased capacity in the health care workforce; and increased health care costs.
- Full report on the State of the Nation’s Health Care
- Remarks from ACP President J. Fred Ralston, Jr., MD, FACP
- Remarks from ACP’s Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and Public Policy, Robert B. Doherty
- Background information on Expansion of Coverage
- Background information on Workforce Capacity
- Background information on Bending the Health Care Cost Curve
- Background information on Reforming the Medical Liability System
- Accompanying policy paper: How Can Our Nation Conserve and Distribute Health Care Resources Effectively and Efficiently?
- ACP’s High-Value, Cost-Conscious Care Initiative
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
- Advocating for Medicaid Pay Parity, Primary Care Medicare Bonus, and
Addressing the VA Scandal
June 27, 2014
Scrutinizing Health Plan Adequacy Standards, Data on Gifts and Grants
to Physicians, ACP Honors...
June 13, 2014
Highlights from this Year's Annual Leadership Day, and a First Quarter
Rise in Health Care Spending
May 30, 2014