State of the Nation's Health Care 2011
Congress Challenged to Find ‘Common Ground’ to Address ‘Unprecedented Crisis in Our Health Care System’
On January 27, 2011, at ACP’s annual report on the state of the U.S. health care system we detailed the challenges faced by decreased access to health insurance coverage; decreased capacity in the health care workforce; and increased health care costs.
- Full report on the State of the Nation’s Health Care
- Remarks from ACP President J. Fred Ralston, Jr., MD, FACP
- Remarks from ACP’s Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and Public Policy, Robert B. Doherty
- Background information on Expansion of Coverage
- Background information on Workforce Capacity
- Background information on Bending the Health Care Cost Curve
- Background information on Reforming the Medical Liability System
- Accompanying policy paper: How Can Our Nation Conserve and Distribute Health Care Resources Effectively and Efficiently?
- ACP’s High-Value, Cost-Conscious Care Initiative
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
I used to fear mad scientists. Now I fear mad anti-scientists
- Thursday, February 19, 2015
Killing the Goose
- Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Are we about to see the death of fee-for-service?
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
ACP Offers Recommendations to CMS, Coalition on Rx Pricing, and
Progress in Health IT
February 20, 2015
- Value-Based Medicare Reimbursement, ACP's 2015 Legislative Priorities,
and 2014 Advocacy Wins
February 6, 2015
The ACA's 2015 Challenges, ACP on Clinical Documentation, and Ending
Site of Service Fees
January 23, 2015