State of the Nation's Health Care 2009
ACP Says Immediate, Sustained and Dramatic Steps are Needed to Expand Coverage and Access to Primary Care Doctors
On February 2, 2009, at ACPís annual report on the state of the U.S. health care system we called on President Obama and Congress to take steps to improve health care by recognizing that primary care is the best medicine for better health and lower costs. As part of those steps, we recommended that President Obama issue an executive order to assure that all federal agencies are working together to set primary care workforce goals and the policies necessary to achieve those goals.
- Full Report on State of the Nationís Health Care
- Remarks from ACP President, Jeffrey P. Harris, MD, FACP
- Remarks from ACPís Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and Public Policy, Robert B. Doherty
- Illustration of Recommended Executive Order on Primary Care
- Illustration of the Demand for Primary Care Physicians if Coverage is Expanded
- A one-page summary of Recommendations to Fund Primary Care Payment Increases
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
The Self-Destructive Power of Cynicism
- Thursday, November 6, 2014
What does the 2014 election mean for Obamacare?
- Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Is assimilation inevitable for independent physician practices?
- Thursday, October 9, 2014
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
Open Enrollment Information Gap, How Navigators Help, and the Effect of
Price on Health Decisions
November 7, 2014
- Guidelines on Ebola, Open Enrollment Approaches, and the Role of
October 24, 2014
Changes from the Veterans Health Administration and ACP Considers the
October 10, 2014