A Candidate’s Pledge to Make the U.S. Health Care System Second to None
I pledge to work toward enactment of legislation to provide Americans with health care that is second to none. To achieve this, I will advocate policies to:
1. Guarantee by law that everyone has access to affordable health coverage. Coverage should be without regard to their place of employment, place of residence within the United States, or income.
2. Provide every person with access to a primary care physician. Create workforce and payment polices to increase the numbers of primary care physicians, recognize the value of primary care, and support care organized through a patient-centered medical home.
3. Increase public investment in health information technologies (HIT). Provide positive incentives to physicians to overcome the HIT cost barrier.
4. Reduce administrative expenses. Create a uniform billing system for all health insurance transactions at the point of care. Reform the medical liability system using proven legal reforms.
5. Increase funding for research. Fund basic and applied medical research, health services research, and independent research on the effectiveness, costs and benefits of different treatments compared to each other.
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
Internal Medicine and ACP: The "Consience of the Medical Profession
- Friday, May 15, 2015
Goodbye and Good Riddance to the SGR
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015
When it comes to SGR repeal, is the glass half empty? Or half full?
- Friday, March 27, 2015
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
LGBT Care Recommendations, Info on the MIPS, and ACP's New Leadership
May 22, 2015
- ACP's Advocacy Agenda, Embracing the Post-SGR Era, and New E-Cig Policy
May 8, 2015
The SGR Repealed, Health IT Interoperability, and Changes to Short-Term
April 17, 2015