A Candidate’s Pledge to Make the U.S. Health Care System Second to None
I pledge to work toward enactment of legislation to provide Americans with health care that is second to none. To achieve this, I will advocate policies to:
1. Guarantee by law that everyone has access to affordable health coverage. Coverage should be without regard to their place of employment, place of residence within the United States, or income.
2. Provide every person with access to a primary care physician. Create workforce and payment polices to increase the numbers of primary care physicians, recognize the value of primary care, and support care organized through a patient-centered medical home.
3. Increase public investment in health information technologies (HIT). Provide positive incentives to physicians to overcome the HIT cost barrier.
4. Reduce administrative expenses. Create a uniform billing system for all health insurance transactions at the point of care. Reform the medical liability system using proven legal reforms.
5. Increase funding for research. Fund basic and applied medical research, health services research, and independent research on the effectiveness, costs and benefits of different treatments compared to each other.
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
"Obamacare" is a lifeline, not a train wreck
- Thursday, August 7, 2014
Four Things You Need to Know about the IOM's Call for GME Reform
- Friday, August 1, 2014
Will American conservatives lead the U.S. to...
- Friday, July 11, 2014
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
2015 Physician Fee Schedule Proposal, ACP's Reaction to IOM's Report on
August 15, 2014
Concerns over SCOTUS "Hobby Lobby" Ruling, New Tobacco Regulations,
Spiraling Drug Costs
July 18, 2014
- Advocating for Medicaid Pay Parity, Primary Care Medicare Bonus, and
Addressing the VA Scandal
June 27, 2014