State of the Nationís Health Care 2012
Congress Told to Replace Sequestration Cuts with Alternative to Achieve Fiscally, Socially Responsible Policies
On January 26, 2012 at ACPís annual report on the state of the U.S. health care system we told Congress that the across-the-board cuts called for in 2011ís budget deal needed to be replaced with a framework that would gain health care savings while preserving funding for critical programs.
- Full Report on the State of the Nationís Health Care
- One-page summary of key points
- Remarks from ACP President Virginia L. Hood, MBBS, MPH, FACP
- Remarks from ACPís Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and Public Policy, Robert B. Doherty
- Presentation on the State of the Nationís Health Care
- One-page summary of Impact of Budget Cuts on Critical Programs
- One-page summary of A Framework for a Better Approach to Lowering Health Care Costs
- Questions to ask Republican Candidates
- Questions to ask Democratic Candidates
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
When it comes to SGR repeal, is the glass half empty? Or half full?
- Friday, March 27, 2015
More on the SGR bill: beyond repeal, what else is in it?
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015
SGR repeal isn't a "doc fix"; it's about fixing Medicare for good of
- Friday, March 20, 2015
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
- ACA Enrollment Figures, New Study on Physician Shortage, and ACP on
March 20, 2015
ACP Weighs In on President's Budget Proposal, King v. Burwell, ICD-10,
and Surgeon General
March 6, 2015
ACP Offers Recommendations to CMS, Coalition on Rx Pricing, and
Progress in Health IT
February 20, 2015