State of the Nationís Health Care 2012
Congress Told to Replace Sequestration Cuts with Alternative to Achieve Fiscally, Socially Responsible Policies
On January 26, 2012 at ACPís annual report on the state of the U.S. health care system we told Congress that the across-the-board cuts called for in 2011ís budget deal needed to be replaced with a framework that would gain health care savings while preserving funding for critical programs.
- Full Report on the State of the Nationís Health Care
- One-page summary of key points
- Remarks from ACP President Virginia L. Hood, MBBS, MPH, FACP
- Remarks from ACPís Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and Public Policy, Robert B. Doherty
- Presentation on the State of the Nationís Health Care
- One-page summary of Impact of Budget Cuts on Critical Programs
- One-page summary of A Framework for a Better Approach to Lowering Health Care Costs
- Questions to ask Republican Candidates
- Questions to ask Democratic Candidates
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
Is assimilation inevitable for independent physician practices?
- Thursday, October 9, 2014
Who's to blame for unexpected doctor bills?
- Thursday, October 2, 2014
Imagine if your mechanic couldn't fix your care before consulting an
"electronic car record"
-Monday, September 8, 2014
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
- Guidelines on Ebola, Open Enrollment Approaches, and the Role of
October 24, 2014
Changes from the Veterans Health Administration and ACP Considers the
October 10, 2014
Seeking Action on the SGR and Pay Parity, A New EHR Rule Examined, and
Preparing for ICD-10
September 26, 2014