State of the Nation's Health Care 2009
ACP Says Immediate, Sustained and Dramatic Steps are Needed to Expand Coverage and Access to Primary Care Doctors
On February 2, 2009, at ACPís annual report on the state of the U.S. health care system we called on President Obama and Congress to take steps to improve health care by recognizing that primary care is the best medicine for better health and lower costs. As part of those steps, we recommended that President Obama issue an executive order to assure that all federal agencies are working together to set primary care workforce goals and the policies necessary to achieve those goals.
- Full Report on State of the Nationís Health Care
- Remarks from ACP President, Jeffrey P. Harris, MD, FACP
- Remarks from ACPís Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and Public Policy, Robert B. Doherty
- Illustration of Recommended Executive Order on Primary Care
- Illustration of the Demand for Primary Care Physicians if Coverage is Expanded
- A one-page summary of Recommendations to Fund Primary Care Payment Increases
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
Goodbye and Good Riddance to the SGR
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015
When it comes to SGR repeal, is the glass half empty? Or half full?
- Friday, March 27, 2015
More on the SGR bill: beyond repeal, what else is in it?
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
The SGR Repealed, Health IT Interoperability, and Changes to Short-Term
April 17, 2015
Developments on SGR Repeal and ACP's Dynamic Guide for Congress
April 3, 2015
- ACA Enrollment Figures, New Study on Physician Shortage, and ACP on
March 20, 2015