PHILADELPHIA, March 25, 2022 – The American College of Physicians (ACP), the largest medical specialty organization in the U.S., representing 161,000 internal medicine physicians, has announced promotions and title changes among members of its senior leadership team in support of furthering the organization’s strategic direction.
Allison Ewing, MJ, most recently Vice President of Marketing and Communications, has been promoted to Chief Communications Officer and Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications, responsible for overseeing multi-channel marketing and promotional strategies that support organizational business objectives and strategic priorities.
Amir Qaseem, MD, PhD, MHA, FACP, has been promoted from Vice President of Clinical Policy to Chief Science Officer and Senior Vice President, Clinical Policy. Dr. Qaseem oversees ACP’s clinical guidelines and scientific medical policy programs, which develop evidence-based recommendations and clinical policies for the organization, as well as the performance measurement and quality indicators program, which evaluates the validity of performance measures and evaluation of quality of care provided to our patients and public.
ACP has also announced title changes for its Senior Leadership Team to designate staff officer roles and lead responsibilities in specific areas in addition to Senior Vice President divisional management responsibilities. The collective expertise of the ACP Senior Leadership Team contributes to the success of the organization, and is comprised of:
- Darilyn V. Moyer, MD, FACP, FRCP, FIDSA – Chief Executive Officer and Executive Vice President
- Wayne H. Bylsma, PhD – Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice President, Executive Office
- Davoren Chick, MD, FACP – Chief Learning Officer and Senior Vice President, Medical Education
- Shari M. Erickson, MPH – Chief Advocacy Officer and Senior Vice President, Governmental Affairs and Public Policy
- Allison Ewing, MJ – Chief Communications Officer and Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications
- Guy Hudson – Chief Human Resources Officer and Senior Vice President, Administrative Services
- Christine Laine, MD, MPH, FACP – Editor-In-Chief, Annals of Internal Medicine and Senior Vice President, ACP Annals Division
- Amir Qaseem, MD, PhD, MHA, FACP – Chief Science Officer and Senior Vice President, Clinical Policy
- Diane Scott-Lichter – Chief Publishing Officer and Senior Vice President, Publishing
- Steven Spadt, MS – Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President, Information Technology
- Michael K. Weis, MBA – Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President, Finance
- Adrienne White-Faines, MPA, FACHE – Chief Strategy Officer
“Our senior leadership team provides a strong foundation as we strategically advance the success of our organization and continue to meet the evolving needs of our internal medicine physician members,” said Darilyn Moyer, MD, FACP, ACP’s Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer.
About the American College of Physicians
The American College of Physicians is the largest medical specialty organization in the United States with members in more than 145 countries worldwide. ACP membership includes 161,000 internal medicine physicians (internists), related subspecialists, and medical students. Internal medicine physicians are specialists who apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness. Follow ACP on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
ACP Media Contact: Andrew Hachadorian, (215) 351-2514, AHachadorian@acponline.org.