International Candidates elected to Fellowship in ACP - September, 2009
ACP is pleased to announce the following newly elected International Fellows, who were recommended by the Credentials Subcommittee and approved for election by the Board of Regents. They are listed by current location and may have been credentialed through a different Chapter.
Ana Matilde Israel, MD, FACP - Buenos Aires
- James D. Douketis, MD, FACP – Hamilton, Ontario
- Surinder Khinda, MBBS, FACP - Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Irene Ma, MD, FACP – Calgary, Alberta
- Sheldon Tobe, MD, FACP – Willowdale, Ontario
Luz Maria Letelier, MD, FACP - Santiago
- Toshihito Fujii, MD, FACP - Takarazuka
- Tetsuro Kato, MD, FACP – Tokyo
- Eiji Shinya, MD, FACP - Tokyo
- Yutaka Tanaka, MD, FACP - Yokohama
- Yasuyuki Taooka, MD, FACP - Shimane
Moriaki Uchida, MD, FACP - Niigata
- Juan Jesus Bernal Almanza, MD, FACP - Mexico DF
- Miguel Angel Cano Palmeros, MD, FACP - Boca del Rio
Daniela Bartos, MD, FACP - Bucharest
- Yahya Al-Fifi, MBBS, FACP - Al Ahsa
Wafa N. Al-Nassir, MBBS, FACP - Dharhan
Adri Kok, MD, FACP - Johannesburg
- J.W.F. Elte, MD, FACP - Rotterdam
- P.H.L.M. Geelhoed-Duijvestijn, MD, FACP - Utrecht
For a Fellowship inquiry kit, contact Customer Service at +215-351-2600 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m., ET). The contents of the Fellowship inquiry kits also may be downloaded from the ACP Web site. Fellowship candidates are required to include payment for the Fellowship initiation fee (currently $150) with their proposal form, and membership dues must be in good standing. Candidates for Direct Fellowship are required to include payment for the first year's dues as well. Candidates are elected to Fellowship on a bi-monthly basis.
Advancement to Fellowship
The current ACP guidelines acknowledge a range of professional activities that indicate continuing scholarship and professional achievement. You no longer have to publish to qualify for advancement. Information: Mariana Hotea, Credentials Administrator, +215-351-2709, or go to the Membership section of ACP Online.
New Leadership Webinars
The ACP Leadership Academy is offering FREE webinars covering the core tenets of leadership, leadership in hospital medicine, finance, and more.
Join ACP Today!
ACP membership connects you with like-minded colleagues and provides access to a variety of clinical resources, practice tools, and ways to earn MOC and CME.