International Candidates elected to Fellowship in ACP April 1, 2009
ACP is pleased to announce the following newly elected International Fellows, who were recommended by the Credentials Subcommittee and approved for election by the Board of Regents. They are listed by current location and may have been credentialed through a different Chapter.
- Anwar A. Jammah, MBBS - London
- Akbar A. Panju, MD - Hamilton
Peter G. Rossos, MD - Toronto
- James A. Fink, MBBS - Robina, QLD
Napier M. Thomson, MBBS - Prahran, Victoria
- Sunil Kishanrao Bichile, MBBS - Mumbai
S. Arul Rhaj, MBBS - Tamilnadu
- Katsuhisa Banno, MD - Inazawa
- Aki Hirayama, MD - Tsukuba Ibaraki
- Yoshihisa Ito, MD - Toyokawa
- Yasuhiro Ko, MD - Kumamoto
- Masahiko Maeda, MD - Kagoshima
- Itsuro Morishima, MD - Ogaki
- Hiroshi Osawa, MD, PhD - Hirosaki, Aomori
- Yukari Shirasugi, MD - Tokyo
Akira Watanabe, MD - Kaminoyama
- Cecil Z. Tady, MD, FRCP - Ortigas, Pasig City
Antonio H. Villalon, MD - Quezon City
- Jose Avila Costa, MD - Coimbra
- Antonio M. Baptista, MD - Queluz
Faustino Ferreira, MD - Lisboa
Lai Yun Ho, MBBS - Singapore
Primoz Vidali, MD - Jesenice
Naomi Rapeport, MBBCh - Greenside
- Silva K. Keberle, MD - Basel
Romeo Providoli, MD - Sierre, VS
United Arab Emirates
- Ali Almelaih S. Alfazari, MBBS - Al Ain, Abu Dhabi
- Abdulkarim M. Saleh, MD - Abu Dhabi
Abdullah M. A. Shehab, MBChB - Al Ain
Fellowship applications due
June 1, 2009
All candidates for Fellowship who want to be considered at the November 2009 Credentials Subcommittee meeting must submit Fellowship applications to ACP's Member Records Section by June 1, 2009. Supporting letters from 2 current ACP Masters or Fellows and current curricula vitae must accompany the applications, which staff will then forward to the appropriate ACP Governors.
For a Fellowship inquiry kit, contact Customer Service at +215-351-2600 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m., ET). The contents of the Fellowship inquiry kits also may be downloaded from the ACP Web site. Fellowship candidates are required to include payment for the Fellowship initiation fee (currently $150) with their proposal form, and membership dues must be in good standing. Candidates for Direct Fellowship are required to include payment for the first year's dues as well.
Advancement to Fellowship
The current ACP guidelines acknowledge a range of professional activities that indicate continuing scholarship and professional achievement. You no longer have to publish to qualify for advancement. Information: Mariana Hotea, Credentials Administrator, +215-351-2709, or go to the Membership section of ACP Online.
ACP Clinical Shorts
Expert Education on Your Schedule
Short videos deliver highly focused answers to challenging clinical situations seen in practice and are a terrific way to earn CME credit on-the-go. See more.
New: Free Modules from ACP Practice Advisor!
Keep your practice moving in the right direction. ACP Practice Advisor is offering four modules that you and your staff can try for free. Get to know the premier online practice management tool at no risk. Explore the modules.