ACP is a partner in the Million Hearts Campaign, a national initiative that aims to prevent a million heart attacks and strokes in five years. The campaign seeks to empower Americans to make healthy choices through the ABCS:
- Aspirin for people at risk
- Blood pressure control
- Cholesterol management
- Smoking cessation
The ABCS address the major risk factors for cardiovascular disease and can help prevent heart attacks and strokes.
Related ACP Materials
Heart Attack and Stroke
|Heart Attack Patients Have High Risk for Stroke in First Month after Attack|
More Materials on Heart Attack and Stroke
- Stroke After Heart Attack Patient Summary
- HEALTH TiPS - Hypertension
- HEALTH TiPS - High Cholesterol
- HEALTH TiPS - Smoking
- Caring for Your Heart Guides
|It's OK for Men with High Blood Pressure to Have a Drink or Two|
|Prehypertensive Young Adults More Likely To Have Atherosclerosis Later|
|How to Take Your Own Blood Pressure|
More Materials on Hypertension
- Alcohol Consumption & Risk for Coronary Heart Disease among Men with Hypertension Patient Summary
- The Effects of Cholesterol and Blood Pressure Treatments on Severity of Coronary Artery Disease Patient Summary
- High-Normal Blood Pressure in Young Adults as a Risk for Atherosclerosis Later in Life Patient Summary
Smoking and Heart Disease and Stroke
|Best Proof Yet That Smoking Causes Death|
|Most Effective Way to Quit Smoking|
|It's Never Too Late to Quit Smoking|
More Materials on Smoking and Heart Disease and Stroke
Benefits of ACP Membership
MKSAP 16 Holiday Special: Save 10%
Use MKSAP 16® to earn MOC points, prepare for ABIM exams and assess your clinical knowledge. For a limited time save 10% when you use priority code MKPROMO! Order now.
Maintenance of Certification:
What if I Still Don't Know Where to Start?
Because the rules are complex and may apply differently depending on when you last certified, ACP has developed a MOC Navigator. This FREE tool can help you understand the impact of MOC, review requirements, guide you in selecting ways to meet the requirements, show you how to enroll, and more. Start navigating now.