ACP is a partner in the Million Hearts Campaign, a national initiative that aims to prevent a million heart attacks and strokes in five years. The campaign seeks to empower Americans to make healthy choices through the ABCS:
- Aspirin for people at risk
- Blood pressure control
- Cholesterol management
- Smoking cessation
The ABCS address the major risk factors for cardiovascular disease and can help prevent heart attacks and strokes.
Related ACP Materials
Heart Attack and Stroke
|Heart Attack Patients Have High Risk for Stroke in First Month after Attack|
More Materials on Heart Attack and Stroke
- Stroke After Heart Attack Patient Summary
- HEALTH TiPS - Hypertension
- HEALTH TiPS - High Cholesterol
- HEALTH TiPS - Smoking
- Caring for Your Heart Guides
|It's OK for Men with High Blood Pressure to Have a Drink or Two|
|Prehypertensive Young Adults More Likely To Have Atherosclerosis Later|
|How to Take Your Own Blood Pressure|
More Materials on Hypertension
- Alcohol Consumption & Risk for Coronary Heart Disease among Men with Hypertension Patient Summary
- The Effects of Cholesterol and Blood Pressure Treatments on Severity of Coronary Artery Disease Patient Summary
- High-Normal Blood Pressure in Young Adults as a Risk for Atherosclerosis Later in Life Patient Summary
Smoking and Heart Disease and Stroke
|Best Proof Yet That Smoking Causes Death|
|Most Effective Way to Quit Smoking|
|It's Never Too Late to Quit Smoking|
More Materials on Smoking and Heart Disease and Stroke
Benefits of ACP Membership
New Leadership Webinars
The ACP Leadership Academy is offering FREE webinars covering the core tenets of leadership, leadership in hospital medicine, finance, and more.
Join ACP Today!
ACP membership connects you with like-minded colleagues and provides access to a variety of clinical resources, practice tools, and ways to earn MOC and CME.