2014 Internal Medicine Abstract Competition Winners
Special congratulations to: Jacqueline Britz from the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, who was a winner in the Student Clinical Research category at the Internal Medicine 2014 Abstract Competition. Her poster title was "Exploring Challenges and Policy Solutions for Improving Access to Healthcare for Vulnerable Populations: Lessons from the UK National Health Service."
Congratulations to Jerry L. Nadler (Norfolk) and Charles E. Turner (Huntigton) who have been awarded a Master of the College. To be considered for Mastership, the candidate must have made a notable contribution to medicine. This includes but is not limited to teaching, outstanding work in clinical medicine (research or practice), contributions to preventive medicine, improvements in the delivery of health care, or contributions to medical literature. They will be presented with this honor at the Convocation Ceremony during Internal Medicine 2015 in Boston.
New Fellows and Members
The Chapter recognizes and congratulates physicians who have been elected to Fellowship in the College in the past six months as well as welcomes its new members. Please view the list and join us in celebrating with them!
Thank You Recruiters!
The Virginia Chapter would like to thank the following member(s) for recruiting their colleagues as part of ACP's Recruit-a-Colleague program:
- Marissa C Galicia-Castillo, MD FACP
- Christopher Lillis, MD FACP
If you have any current news to share about yourself or a colleague that we can celebrate, please e-mail it to Ann Tennett and specify that it is for the Member Accomplishments section of the Chapter Web site.
Page updated: 7/9/14
- Medical Students Steps to Success Meeting
- Early Career Physicians Interest Group
- We are proud to announce that Jeffrey P. Harris, MD, MACP was awarded the Chapter Centennial Legacy Award
- Governor's Newsletter - January 2015
- Register Now for the 2015 Virginia Chapter Meeting
- Meet Our Governor-elect Designee, William E. Fox, MD, FACP
- Member Accomplishments
- ACP Internist Weekly
- ACP Virginia Chapter Facebook Page